Sfr

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Sfr

Post by Pearsonb »

I was contacted by a marketer from SFR. I have my phone contract with them, because of the English football, but I no longer use their broadband because they couldn't get me a speed more than 1. I get 2 quite happily with Soosh.

This person claimed that as a result of the recent tie-up with Numericable SFR could now provide me with a broadband box speed of 12.

I am highly dubious of this claim. What do you think?

I am based in the main village in Saint Laurent de Cerdans.

Thanks as always to the magnificent geeeks.

Pearson
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

The only way to really know is to ask around the village and see what other SFR customers are getting.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Webdoc wrote:The only way to really know is to ask around the village and see what other SFR customers are getting.
First of all check how far you are from the exchange (and therefore what the maximum possible speed is) on eg ariase.net.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

if you do sign on with them get it in writing what speed they will GUARANTEE.
BTW when i changed from free to orange the figure they quoted me , an increase from 2 mb/s to 40 mb/s, was born out in reality.....its been over 40mb/s since august last year... and very strangely, when i did a speedtest this morning i had 87 mb/s
EILEEN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by EILEEN »

For info... I have used SFR for some years and was initially promised 8MB/S but seldom got more than 5. However when I rang them last year to complain about an unannounced hike in prices, I was offered a new contract at 10€ a month less.. the tie up with Numericable being the reason. I accepted and an unexpected result was 16mb/s. I live in Elne.
EILEEN