Cold Calls

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Martin49
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cold Calls

Post by Martin49 »

How can I block cold calls through my landline?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Here, if it works

http://www.bloctel.gouv.fr

But how likely is it that you should be Martin49 (well before I joined) and I should be martyn94 (without knowing you from a hole in the wall). Much more likely than you might think, but it still seems a bit spooky.
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

Bloctel works. But you can only register 7 numbers. Not much good if the number is withheld.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Cold Calls

Post by Gus Morris »

Martin49 wrote:How can I block cold calls through my landline?
If you are with Orange all the relevant info is on their website. It works like magic.

GM
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Florence wrote:Bloctel works. But you can only register 7 numbers. Not much good if the number is withheld.
I think it means that you can register up to 7 of your own numbers to block incoming calls...eg your landline, your ADSL phone, your mobiles...
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I think that's spooky Martyn and Martin. How did you choose your numbers? (Hope they're not based on your ages for Martyn's) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote:I think that's spooky Martyn and Martin. How did you choose your numbers? (Hope they're not based on your ages for Martyn's) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
For myself, it was my "school number" at a long-defunct boarding school in North Wales. All my clothes carried a Cash's Woven Name Tape ending in 94, so you can imagine how it might have stuck with me. It made some sense: half my fellow pupils were called Jones, and if they weren't it was Evans or Williams or Prichard.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

partially works. 90% less