Business Centre????

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Business Centre????

Post by nickiwynne »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if such a thing as a business centre exists somewhere in the region?

We are lucky enough to be coming to Amelie for 3 weeks in the summer but unfortunately my husband will need to work for a couple of the days.

We do not have internet access in our flat - except through our phones - and he will need to use his laptop and make a few calls so a café with wifi probably won't work because of background noise etc.

In days gone by there was a Cyberbase in Amelie and also an internet access place ; both are shut now.

Does such a thing as a business centre exist anywhere? Possibly in a hotel, even as far away as Perpignan ?

We do have a few local friends but do not wish to impose on their goodwill.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Nicki
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

I frequently work out of the village square in Prats de Mollo, the village has free wifi and I found the background noise not to be a problem when on the phone. Depends on your preference, I enjoy the chat with the locals in between work as well 8)
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

The tourist office in Vernet les Bains has free wifi and a nice desk/office area to use. I expect Amelie will have it too.
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

If you have an iPhone then the other option is to turn on the wif fi hotspot and use that via 3G or 4G. We've ocassionally run our businesses for a couple of weeks at a time in the PO using this method.

We're with Vodafone so we have the Vodafone Passport option. £3 per day to use your complete data plan.

Alternatively buy a wifi-fi dongle from the Orange shop in Perp.

It really is a remarkably good system.
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Thank you, everyone.
We are over for a few days at Easter so will explore these suggestions.
Nicki
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

nickiwynne wrote:Thank you, everyone.
We are over for a few days at Easter so will explore these suggestions.
Nicki
A bit belated, but if you have a phone line (or can get one reconnected) you can get both phone service and Internet by the month (respectively the "résidence secondaire" phone tariff, and "Orange découverte" for Internet).
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

You could try the Secretariat du Mas in Le Soler - won't take you that long to get there if you go on the A9. I have several friends who rent space and work from there. I don't know if they rent spaces by the day or hour but I think they are pretty business minded.

01 route de toulouges
Le Soler, Languedoc-Roussillon, France

Phone
06 61 57 59 61

-https://www.facebook.com/pages/Secretar ... 6545992617
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Eliz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Amelie's médiathèque.

Post by Eliz »

Amelie's library has been refurbished and the médiathèque is in there too. There is an hourly small charge to use their computers with very helpful member of staff. It has been very useful when printing out the boarding passes.
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Again, thank you.
It would seem there are a few possibilities.
Nicki
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Thank you again for all the contributions and pms.
It seems as tho there are more options than we had anticipated.
Nicki