Orange - online help PUK

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Orange - online help PUK

Post by Helen »

Ok - so not really high tech or geek. More a result of dippy me.....

This morning, on the dual-sim Motorola phone I have, I managed to disable the Orange sim by putting in the wrong code three times ( please don't ask why!)

It said I needed to get a PUK number via my Orange account BUT, big problem, I rarely use that and all the log-in info is in France and I'm in Scotland. Getting a PUK number would have been easy to do online, but I couldn't enter the password for my account. And then I read that the forgotten password would be sent to my mobile phone !! Um - fat lot of good that would be as it was disabled.

However, all praise to Orange as I decided to throw myself at the mercy of their online help chat and it worked fantastically! I was slightly thrown by the request for the 13 figures on the sim card, but when I said it was likely to take me minutes to get it out my phone (can never get the back off the wretched thing), she pulled them up from my file.

And following on from that, I got the PUK code number to enter into my disabled phone (well, the second sim part of it) and it all worked.

The chat was in French (and my written French is no doubt full of errors although, helpfully, the text software inserted accents where required) but we got there without too much pain. Within minutes I was sorted and very pleased by the efficiency of it all.
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

Helen, thanks for sharing the steps for getting this resolved and well done for sorting it out in the end. I find these issues with computers and phones soooo tedious, luckily my husband is my "personal helpdesk" as he works in IT and he knows my patience doesn't extend beyond 2 seconds!
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Thanks Sus

- oh to have a personal helpdesk!

Mind you, the online message chat system with Orange was very effective - that's why I decided to write up my experience of it.

I'd certainly encourage anyone else to try it. It's much easier than trying to use the phone!