Pc help

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pc help

Post by interiors66 »

I have a bug on my PC which is making it impossible to access certain files,
Can any one recommend someone to help?
I've run an anti virus but it hasn't worked . I also know I'm about due for a new one but I need to transfer the files over.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Have 2 possibilities in the directory Dave. Not recommendations I'm afraid as havent used them.

Patrick Boyle…..04 68 87 17 35
Broadband installation, repairs, upgrades www.les-alberes.net/systems

Mayday.........06 82 26 31 54
Phil Monaghan – Windows, Mac OSX, WIFI, Data retrieval ...
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

Thanks Kate ,I emailed Patrick but I've had no answer and his web site seems to have disappeared,I'll try the second one
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Pc help

Post by Allan »

interiors66 wrote:I have a bug on my PC which is making it impossible to access certain files,
I've run an anti virus but it hasn't worked . I also know I'm about due for a new one but I need to transfer the files over.
How does this 'bug' manifest itself?, do you get an error message?
Which operating system are you running?
Have you upgraded anything recently?
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Pc help

Post by interiors66 »

Allan wrote:
interiors66 wrote:I have a bug on my PC which is making it impossible to access certain files,
How does this 'bug' manifest itself?, do you get an error message?
Which operating system are you running?
Have you upgraded anything recently?
Thanks Allan , I've now been told I have some malwear? On top of that I'm running xp , so an upgrade is well overdue, Phil has agreed to help.
Celticsilk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Celticsilk »

Thanks Allan. The TV issue is my partner's and he will probably get a tower so not to worry. We have different lap tops, one now requires all printing to go via Microsoft One Note when it used not to, the other via Microsoft has put all e mail addresses together and is blocking a confidential one unless I give the password which I will not.
Thanks Mr Treloar, I was planning to see you for some wine before Christmas.
Christine
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

CHRISTINE DOOLEY wrote:Thanks Allan. The TV issue is my partner's and he will probably get a tower so not to worry. We have different lap tops, one now requires all printing to go via Microsoft One Note when it used not to, the other via Microsoft has put all e mail addresses together and is blocking a confidential one unless I give the password which I will not.

Christine
Windows 10 creates a printer driver which is Send to OneNote - check your printer settings Right click on the Windows Icon/Control panel/Devices and printers. You may find that Send to One note is your default printer, or indeed your only printer.

Assuming your email accounts are web based then they should still be accessible as before through a web browser