Windows 10's unwelcome changes

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Celticsilk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Windows 10's unwelcome changes

Post by Celticsilk »

Is anyone able to recommend from experience, a computer person to restore printing and privacy aspects of my laptop. I am probably strange but I liked Windows 8 and wish I had not upgraded. I would also like to use the TV screen linked to the laptop. Don't know how that works. (Absolutely not interested in English speaking TV.) The man in the shop in Thuir was only interested in whether I needed more cable, is it in short supply. Thanks, Christine
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Windows 10's unwelcome changes

Post by Allan »

CHRISTINE DOOLEY wrote:Is anyone able to recommend from experience, a computer person to restore printing and privacy aspects of my laptop. I am probably strange but I liked Windows 8 and wish I had not upgraded. I would also like to use the TV screen linked to the laptop. Don't know how that works. (Absolutely not interested in English speaking TV.) The man in the shop in Thuir was only interested in whether I needed more cable, is it in short supply. Thanks, Christine
In general laptops can't just be connected to a TV, you have to have a means of linking them. Sometimes laptops have an HDMI connector, sometimes TVs have a Vga connector, most of the time none of them has any suitable connectors.
Post the make and model of your laptop and your TV and I'll try and help.

You are in the minority preferring Windows 8 to Windows 10 but if you followed the normal upgrade path you should have an option to restore to your previous version
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I am more than happy with my Windows 8.1 with a 'Classic Shell Skin'...... and wont be updating to 10 anytime soon, thankyou.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

If it's a simple printer or privacy issue I may be able to help you if you are here now. However, I have not upgraded to Windows 10 so I don't know it.
I'm not sure what you want to do with the TV screen.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

If you have do just done an express install of Windows 10 it gives Microsoft lots of access to information about you which they sell on. However, it is fairly easy to turn off most of their access to your information.

Have a look here: http://www.techradar.com/news/software/ ... ow-1301257

Network printers are a pain to get working but an ordinary usb or wifi printer should be no problem.

Russell