Holiday home internet

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

TOM AND BARB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Holiday home internet

Post by TOM AND BARB »

Hello,

Can anyone please advise if any phone/broadband providers offer monthly internet with the ability to pause internet access when not required so that there are only charges for the months that the connection is enabled.

I believe Orange.Fr used to do such a deal.

Does anyone have any personal experience of doing this ?

As providers are constantly changing their offers and prices come down it maybe that annual contracts ( even if not being used ) are now cheaper than the monthly contract ??

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

Hi Tom and Barb

What area will you be in. We are about to launch a new service that may be of interest to you as it fits your "Monthly" requirements.

If we know the area you are in we can see if you have the correct reception and the speeds you should achieve.
Last edited by Boomshanka on Thu 22 Oct 2015 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
The Best UK TV in France- No Dish - No PC - NO VPN - 100% legal Just �145
Visit www.moochie.media or find us in the Anglophone Directory.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Holiday home internet

Post by martyn94 »

TOM AND BARB wrote:Hello,

Can anyone please advise if any phone/broadband providers offer monthly internet with the ability to pause internet access when not required so that there are only charges for the months that the connection is enabled.

I believe Orange.Fr used to do such a deal.

Does anyone have any personal experience of doing this ?

As providers are constantly changing their offers and prices come down it maybe that annual contracts ( even if not being used ) are now cheaper than the monthly contract ??

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
It is called "Orange Découverte" eg here

https://boutique.orange.fr/internet/offre-decouverte

A friend uses it for 2/3 months every summer, not without a certain amount of faff. But it seems to work for him, and must be cheaper than paying all year round
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

By way of afterthought, I doubt that anyone else offers anything similar - I did once look years ago. I suspect that it is a hangover from Orange's history as a public utility (they have a similar deal, the "résidence secondaire" tariff, for phone lines). I doubt that they make any money out of it, at least by my friend's experience: it seems to need some sort of intervention by them, most years, to make it start again.

But we wait with baited breath for Boomshanka's offering.