Anyone using 3 Pay as you Go?

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

CD
Rank 3
Rank 3

Anyone using 3 Pay as you Go?

Post by CD »

Earlier this year, the UK mobile network 3 introduced "Feel at Home", so that their customers could use their call allowances while on holiday in specified countries as if they were at home, and so avoid high roaming charges.

I checked their website to find out that I would have to convert some of my credit to an "Add On" in able to profit from this new deal. The downside of this is that such an Add On is time limited. Also, if you are abroad for more than 3 months a year, they will turn off your roaming as it's for short trips only.

Not a problem I thought as I'm not going to buy an Add On to activate Feel at Home. I'll just continue to use it as before, for texts and the odd phone call from the UK.

Both myself and my better half have 3's PAYG sims alongside Leclerc Mobile sims in our dual sim phones, so both sims are active at the same time.

In July, 3 turned off my roaming which effectively means that I can no longer operate my UK bank account properly, as I need to be able to receive texts on my UK mobile number from them as a security measure to confirm transactions.

My better half's 3 sim is still working OK, so I have tried to contact them to turn my roaming back on.

The website says to call them from your mobile for free - difficult when you've had you roaming turned of!

Using the contact dialogue also on the website didn't produce an reply a week later, so I've since emailed them directly and the whole process is like wading through treacle.

So my question is, has anyone else got a 3 PAYG sim, and are you still connected?

If they don't turn it back on, I'll have to change carriers - a real pain from here.

Cheers,

Chris
CD
Rank 3
Rank 3

Need replies

Post by CD »

Hi,

I could really do with some replies to this as 3 are refusing to reconnect me.

Other half's phone still working fine.

Next step could be the Ombudsman.

Cheers,

Chris
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Have you got signal, they have reduced signasl. Have you tried contacting them online via twitter, my hubby recons they have the best customer service.
Are you sure you sis not aaccidentally get an add on? And are you sure you topped up and have credit.

Try contacting customer service with your better half phone.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
CD
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CD »

My phone has no 3 signal. Customer services say they have switched my roaming off.

I have plenty of credit on the phone.

Wife's phone has a signal and works fine. I'm not going to call them on that in case they decide to turn her off as well.

They seem to have automatically activated Feel at Home despite the fact that I have never done anything to activate it (which is required for PAYG customers) and are therefore invoking penalties for misuse.

I have now threatened them with the Ombudsman and compensation for breach of contract, as today I got a email from a client wanting to know why I hadn't replied to their voicemail (of course I never got it...).

If you know anyone who has 3 PAYG I could really do with hearing from them.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

I'm with Three, but on a monthly contract and so far, no problems at all with 'At Home' - but then I haven't spent longer than three and a half weeks in France at any one time. (Was slightly worried the three months might be cumulative, but so far, all OK)

I'm not sure from your posts whether you've used their online complaints system, but if not, it would be worth going that route, particularly if you go to the Ombudsman. ( Ironically, whilst I was able to access that section earlier, parts of Three's website appear to be down at the mo!!)

However, from this link

http://blog.three.co.uk/2014/06/05/say- ... r-roaming/ there are some interesting answers on At Home issues, and there's a number given to phone them from a landline in France - +44 7782 333 333.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

PS

If you use this link and open up the Usage Restrictions section, the very last para makes specific reference to PAYG customers and requirement to buy an Add-On whilst in the UK

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... obj(12332)
CD
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CD »

My point exactly.

It says: "if you’re on Pay As You Go you'll need to convert your Pay As You Go credit into an Add-on to get an allowance."

I didn't want it, so didn't convert any credit into an Add-on, which means they should never have enabled it.

I just want to pay the normal (higher) roaming charges.