Filmon on Kindle Fire First Generation

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Filmon on Kindle Fire First Generation

Post by jethro »

I have downloaded the App for Filmon to my old Kindle Fire Version 6.3.4 but when I try to view any channel, I receive the Error message #1 (-2147483648) and I am informed that "this media resource cannot be played".
It works fine on my iPhone 4S and on my GBox Midnight and on my MacMini all of which are connected wirelessly to the Orange Livebox. Could it have anything to do with the pitiful internet speed here in the Vallée Heureuse at a whopping 3.4 kilometres from the node ? I suspect not, as everything else works, albeit at the speed of geotectonic plates. Any ideas ? Would rooting help ?
an' the wun' cried Mary.
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

An update for those interested ( i.e., very few) ; if you download a browser called Dolphin it can open the Filmon app. Happy days.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Any browser should be able to open the site http://www.filmon.com/tv/live and play Filmon streams. I don't think it's opening the Filmon App. I use the Firefox browser on my tablet (Samsung) and filmon works fine on that.

Russell.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »