Error code on tv

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Error code on tv

Post by tubs »

A neighbour has the following banner just come up on his Samsung TV (in English, he speaks no English!) and has asked our help!

"This page contains the following errors. Error on line 65 at column 33. Entity ref: expecting;below* is a rendering of the page up to the first error"
*there was nothing below!

It's all gobbledegook to me. I've tried to translate the above into French but it's not easy.

Any of you TV experts know what the heck it all means! It only appears on TF1 channel.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Error code on tv

Post by Allan »

tubs wrote:A neighbour has the following banner just come up on his Samsung TV (in English, he speaks no English!) and has asked our help!

"This page contains the following errors. Error on line 65 at column 33. Entity ref: expecting;below* is a rendering of the page up to the first error"
*there was nothing below!

It's all gobbledegook to me. I've tried to translate the above into French but it's not easy.

Any of you TV experts know what the heck it all means! It only appears on TF1 channel.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give.
It could be that the firmware on the tv is corrupt.

Some Samsung TVs have upgradable firmware which you get from their website and then load from a USB stick. Not really a job for the faint hearted as you could cabbage the machine.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tubs »

Oh my goodness, even if I knew what that meant, how am I going to explain that to a Frenchman with my limited French??????
Have emailed Samsung to see if they have a simple solution.

You know that thing where you get involved and wish you hadn't, well that!!!!
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Here is an explanation in English http://knowhow.com/article-pdf.dhtml?ar ... erence=890

I can't guarantee this is the required fix but it is the most likely
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

It's not a language problem it's a tv problem. So the best thing would be for him to contact his supplier or Samsung France.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Santiago wrote:It's not a language problem it's a tv problem. So the best thing would be for him to contact his supplier or Samsung France.
That's a bit defeatist, if your PC needed a firmware upgrade you would probably do it yourself or ask a knowledgeable friend.

These days it costs nearly as much to get a TV repaired as it does to buy a new one so unless it is under guarantee then taking it back to the supplier is probably not a viable option.

Tubs, I have just checked Samsung's French site and the firmware upgrade is an international procedure. Send me the full model number of the TV and I'll get you what you need.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tubs »

Thank you so much for your help Allan.
I'll pm you if that's ok, to avoid boring other forum members!!!

Nice to know there are some helpful people about.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Strange but true. Our Samsung Smart TV flashed up an error message yesterday. This has never happened previously. Before I could read it, the message disappeared. Maybe there is a general problem affecting certain sets in their range

Gus
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tubs »

Today we followed Allan's instructions to do an update of Firmware but that didn't do the trick. It only comes up on TF1. Tomorrow he will call the retailer.