Trying to buy a laptop with english keyboard

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

lisatemperley

Trying to buy a laptop with english keyboard

Post by lisatemperley »

Hi , can anyone help me please ? Having just spent a fortune buying a uk dell laptop , having it delivered from uk only to find the damed thing didnt work and now trying to get it back and my money back....im in need of a good recommendation for buying a laptop with english key board. Id like to be able to buy something that doesnt cost an arm and leg to deliver and if possible that is available easily should the thing go wrong. Dont mind online, shop and or any thingelse you might suggest.
I know we have been unlucky but after 3 weeks of messing about with dell im very disppointed with their service.

Any advice gratefully received
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Lisa. I would normally recommend Dell. I've bought from them both in UK and here with English keyboards. You can just go on Amazon for what you want.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Recently bought a UK spec Lenovo from Amazon and had it delivered in France. Came in a couple of days. Works fine. Recommended by a pal who's a bit of an expert in these matters.

Gus

PS. It was sent from the Amazon distribution centre in Orleans. I had to pay the postage but if it had been sent to the UK there was no delivery charge!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

if a specific recommendation would help, for an absolutely basic laptop, I bought this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-ES1 ... words=acer

and have been content. Much cheaper then, mind you, but not so much so in euros.
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

laptop from john lewis ?

Post by rhys »

Sorry to hear of your bad experience

I have no specific laptop recommendation, save to say that if you find a well recommended one through searching online, and it can be obtained from John Lewis, and they will deliver to France ( they deliver some items abroad, not all ) then the John Lewis guarantee really is worth having.

( I once had a washer / dryer from JL and after nearly four years it broke down............. they didn't mend it they just replaced it with a totally new one, probably better spec than the original, and the replacement lasted for the next 17 years till I moved - for all I know it may still be going strong...............anyway, 3 cheers for JL ! )