Cheap international calls

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

NigelS
Rank 3
Rank 3

Cheap international calls

Post by NigelS »

We're thinking of moving to the PO but we rely on making many international calls. In the UK we can buy a "boost" to get a low, flat rate to most developed countries. Can you get this in the P.O. and with which telecoms companies?
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Get the right package and the chances are you can get free international calls. I'm with Orange and have this- don't know about other providers.
NigelS
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thanks

Post by NigelS »

Thanks Helen, that's helpful.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

If you choose Orange Zen and route your calls through the Livebox you get VOIP.
Other options can be added online or in an Orange store.
Be careful though, Oranges's Internet TV package will only work if your download speed allows it.
Suggest your best option is to visit Orange to organise the line etc. and they SHOULD tell you what your ADSL speed should be for your postcode.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
NigelS
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thanks

Post by NigelS »

Thanks a lot. I know VOIP means voice over internet protocol but I haven't got as far as knowing if it's a "good thing" or not! Is it from your perspective?

Many thanks for the TV-download speed tip - we've been told that 2mbs is the norm outside towns so TV buffering is likely to be an issue as we get 2.7mbs here in the UK and have given up on set boxes.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

All the internet Deals (Free, Boogies, Orange, SFR etc.) come with 'Free Internstional Calls'.... to landlines, around Europe and most of the World...
I havent paid more than a few pennies for Phone Calls for years.... One of the advantages of the French Internet System...
NigelS
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thanks

Post by NigelS »

It's good to know because the international free calls things is actually a deal breaker for us.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Most providers do free calls to landlines in the EU and North America. Calls to mobiles are charged though.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
NigelS
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thanks

Post by NigelS »

Thanks Santiago
vyvyan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by vyvyan »

We are with Orange for our Internet and get free calls to mobiles in USA and Canada.