Big 2e and 2f signal drop

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Big 2e and 2f signal drop

Post by montgolfiere »

after a month or so of mainly 'ups' with just a few 'down days'......both 2e and 2f show 'no reception' here, on my Gib 125, since around 0800 this morning.
Lets hope it is only a short lived 'Blip'.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

same here off a 125 cms dish....Intelsat 907 perfect sound and pic
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Still neant. happy with my Android iiptv system that is giving excellent results.!!! Go Ham Go in quali.

*****update*****

still no Signal but well done Ham...... a well deserved Pole.
Last edited by montgolfiere on Sun 07 Jun 2015 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Still low this morning.
graham34
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by graham34 »

Over in the Herault valley our 90cm dish has lost ITV HD and BBC News HD. Has happened before for a day or two.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

Go Hamilton hope the luck holds for this race, no silly mistakes this time boys!!

Shame the Ferrari is so far back but having Vettel and Massa at the rear will make it a great race. All on BBC in 720p HD.

Northern Languedoc No Signal at all.
The Best UK TV in France- No Dish - No PC - NO VPN - 100% legal Just �145
Visit www.moochie.media or find us in the Anglophone Directory.
graham34
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by graham34 »

Boomshanka wrote: Northern Languedoc No Signal at all.
Really - should do better there than towards Spain given the shape of the UK signal "footprint".
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

We are in a village so cannot have a large dish. Batiment De France etc (historic building) so we lost ours some time ago.

We used to have no problems and we had every channel including our regional programs from the UK.

I have a friend with a 1m dish and he has lost about 75% of all satellite channels over the past three days - thought he needed a firmware update but it made no difference as the signal started to fade. A search brings up the channels but there is not enough signal strength to display the program.

He was not impressed. I'll let you know if he gets them back.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Definite improvement in Signal this afternoon for 2e...... but still low compared to a few days ago. BBC channels now watchable..... hoping this even increases for the Canadian GP, otherwise back to the IPTV.
graham34
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by graham34 »

Yep. The finicky ITV HD is back here but still pixilates from time to time.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

Not a bad Canadian GP but have seen better.

Roll on Austria

Great BBC HD Coverage - Do love Eddie Jordan, says what we are thinking.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

both 2e and now 2f back up today. The Pattern is very similar to the past 2 Summers. Short periods of Low Signal......followed by reasonable reception again.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

2f signal dropping this morning......
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

still down this afternoon. 2e still good.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

some improvement to 2f this morning.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

spoke too soon.... 2f breaking up again this afternoon....2e still OK.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

It's on and off more than a celebrity relationship.

The question is will it or won't it be OK for Wimbledon, Le Tour, The Ashes or the new footy season.

Can you take the risk??
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

are you trying to say something useful?? Personally i dont actually reqiire your system ......there are many alternatives available. See Allan's very helpful guide.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

What!!

The signal is here, oh no its now gone, is useful. How does that help?

I just thought it was funny how it is on & off all of the time. Sorry for having a sense of humor.

Note to self. always be serious when it comes to on - off satellite signals and the reports there in.

Duly noted and will be adhered to.
:D :lol:
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

We have so far this year actually only had under 10 days of 'Lost Signal'. It was stable from Sept '14 until recently. By posting a general 'loss of signal' helps reassure people that it is not their own system alone playing up. in fact i have just replied to someone asking the question about loss of signal today in the region on the Facebook page of another local expat forum.)

If we can ascertain what %%% of the time we may lose signal in any given year it helps people decide on their own actual requirements.
ie.. if they can live with maybe 30 days without TV in any year (mainly in the Summer) then they can decide to live with what they have. If however this is a problem and they require a back up system then they can install some sort FTA IPTV System , use a VPN for the likes of iplayer or stream Filmon on a Computer, Tablet, ipad, Android or Pay for a' Spanish Offering' etc.
If they really want 365/365 Satellite then they know to install the correct size Dish....
Mr MOOchie, i suggest you don't read (my) posts about Satellite reception as they obviously dont interest you with you relying on the internet.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I guess there is a point here about people with existing dishes on the margins of viability. But for the rest of us, my sympathies are with Boomshanka - without any endorsement of his product whatever it is.

If you like UK TV enough to go to the trouble of getting it (at non-trivial cost and aggravation whichever way you go, if you were starting from scratch), surely you just want it on tap, without endless worry about the signal strength, or introspection about just how many epidodes of Eastenders you are prepared to miss. Happily, most of us have most or all of the necessary hardware for other reasons.

For myself, I have the kit to watch it every which way, but I'm too busy "lasure-ing" my shutters.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

So from a little research i can see why all my posts get such an "Aggressive" reaction from certain parties. Especially when they install dishes for a fee

I think the main reason is that, Satellite is now really unreliable as explained in the posts above and a huge financial risk to people.
The Gib 150, Freehorn and LNB as continually mentioned will set anyone back at least €550 plus cables etc plus fitting so its about €1000, a great deal for anyone to find. Oh plus the Sky box and Subs as well on top. so not a cheap option that has the current risk of about 10% down time as mentioned above. Its worse the further south you are.

If you do lose signal then its your total financial loss. My satellite installer did not offer a refund for the equipment or the installation charges.

So as I offer a solution that gets all of the UK programs as well as masses of on demand content for overall about 20% of the satellite equipment prices and its on 24 hours a day 365 days a year and works everywhere, with no risk "If you don't like it return it after a 7 day trail for a refund". I can see why I am not welcome to have any opinion or make comments on such postings.

We simply offer an easy way to get everything you need which makes economic sense. We are helping people get what they ask for. We only sell what we use because we are in the same position after losing our TV signals as well.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

As far as I know, nobody that has commented on your posts currently installs satellite dishes for a living so I think you are off the mark there.

There is however a general resentment when people use the forum for promoting their products and services, I thought we had weaned you off that but clearly not.

I think that there is also a level of scepticism over the claims that you make. Many of us have a lot of experience of Android and XBMC devices as well as French internet connectivity, so the claims of 24 hours a day 365 days a year somehow don't tally with personal experience. I know you claim to have some sort of magic system that overcomes the flakiness of Android, the flakiness of XBMC and its associated repositories and the flakiness of the French internet as well as being able to use a bandwidth that every other provider deems inadequate. Somehow I am still sceptical.

As I have said previously, I see nothing wrong with systems like yours or companies like yours charging a fee (upfront or otherwise) and I am sure it might suit many people but I wish you would not use the forum to promote your product.

Personally I am not interested in Montgolfiere's signal up/down posts but other people might be. I fail to see the relevance of reception on his dish and his location to anyone else. The risk of losing signal is a function of where you are and what equipment you have. I have a satellite dish and I have lost signal on some channels for no more than 2 hours in the past 2 years but I don't think that everyone else's system will be the same.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

I did only make a humorous comment but Montgolfiere seems to take offense at everything I say. Not trying to direct sell, just found it funny as it was on and off and on and off.

Only got my info from that posters info which say's

That's why they take offense i think.

You should have a look at my new videos and you will see that XBMC is a thing of the distant past, that's why we are so different, no other company can offer our software. Can't help the french internet though.

As the saying goes "Does it work or is it French" :D
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Thanks for the (free) advert!!! As you may have noticed i do not have my Activity and or Website address as part of my profile on this Forum. Regarding if the information i post is of use to people....I just post the information i have and it may be useful to others. If not, i imagine they dont bother reading my Posts. So if you want to start a 'discussion' on the pros and cons of ways of watcjhing UKTV i syuggest you start your own Thread and leave my Satellite Signal Updates Thread alone. Thanks.
BTW i am not installing Dishes for at least the last 18 months and for your information Allan has a 150 Gibertini (installed by another Local Installer) and as he has stated he has only lost signal for around 0.001% of the time since installation!! So i am afraid it appears you do not actually give out the correct information regarding Satellite UK TV Reception in the Region.