Orange Cancellation

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Orange Cancellation

Post by Davidsimon »

We were mislead (more than a little) by the Orange shop in Perpignan. They told us they could sign us up for a 4G Domino and then cancel our existing Livebox and landline contracts.After giving back the Livebox and signing on the dotted line we were then told we have to write a letter to Orange in French to cancel.Does anybody know if there is a template of a cancellation letter online anywhere?
I'd like to get it right first time,as Google tells me they have history of stringing out the process.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Orange Cancellation

Post by martyn94 »

Davidsimon wrote:We were mislead (more than a little) by the Orange shop in Perpignan. They told us they could sign us up for a 4G Domino and then cancel our existing Livebox and landline contracts.After giving back the Livebox and signing on the dotted line we were then told we have to write a letter to Orange in French to cancel.Does anybody know if there is a template of a cancellation letter online anywhere?
I'd like to get it right first time,as Google tells me they have history of stringing out the process.
Trying searching on, eg, "resiliation Orange". It needs to be sent registered with proof of receipt (recommandée avec accusé de réception).
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Thanks I've found a couple but they are for internet.I'll have to try to edit it for a landline.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

[quote="Davidsimon"]Thanks I've found a couple but they are for internet.I'll have to try to edit it for a landline.[/quote

Well then try something like "resiliation Orange fixe".
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

martyn94 wrote:
Davidsimon wrote:Thanks I've found a couple but they are for internet.I'll have to try to edit it for a landline.[/quote

Well then try something like "resiliation Orange fixe".
Have done Martyn,all the links lead to internet.It gives info online that you can cancel by telephone,but when you call the number it asks you to input your phone number,only to get a message the service is for mobiles.It really is a mess of a company.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

don't understand what you want to do, if you have a LiveBox contract then the landline is connected tto that so all you have to do is cancel the LiveBox and the phoneline should be cancelled with it. There is an orange shop in argeles , i would go there and complain and say you don't understand why the perpignan lot took back the LiveBox and did not cancel the contract. Also dépends on how long you have had the LiveBox, if you are still tied to them then you will have to pay until the end of the obligatory contract ( usually a year i think).
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

forgot to ask, did they give you a receipt to say they took the LiveBox back? normally you cancel the contract and then they confirm it and give you the address where to send the Equipment. Just looked on their site and you have to pay 50 euros apparently tto beable to cancel it. type in resiliation orange LiveBox and you will get all the info.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

The Pro contract has been in effect since 2005 and because of the distance from the exchange could only get 500kb, Orange themselves suggested getting rid of ADSL and using a 4G Domino.Orange in Perpignan told us because it was 10 years old there is no notice period necessary.Have a receipt for the Livebox,and now Pro customer services are posting out a cancellation form.But we'll see......As we aren't leaving Orange thought it would be more straight forwards.But then phone companies in the UK can be as clueless.Sorry forgot your original question,as well as the Livebox there is a landline/fax line.When the guy in Perpignan saw the account,he smiled and said "do you like paying Orange money"? :wink: