Some remaining channels on Astra 1N are disappearing

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I've removed my earlier criticism.

I believe this system doesn't offer subscription to any services that cannot be received free of charge using a Smart TV, Android device (tablet or phone) or Android TV box. After the one year VPN runs out, the user would need to buy another IP masking service either from Moochie Media or from another provider. So it isn't really free for life.
Last edited by Santiago on Fri 05 Jun 2015 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

Especially ones who try to hawk themselves on a forum and then get all snotty because they are questioned.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

Please grow up people. You asked questions about TV now you are making slanderous personal remarks. Bit low really.

The Siret is registered to me as i am an AE registered in France.

We offer the best technology available on the market with the best software designs that make them efficient.

if you can buy what we offer for €100 then please go ahead, we are not stopping you. You obviously have the knowledge to set everything up every couple of months and do not mind a buffering picture and a unit that shuts down as it is too hot! I have a few of these units that we tested if you want them, there no good to me.

Sir, when you make and sell your wines you would not say anything but they are the best, you are proud of what you have designed and achieved. As anything in life there is a much better one out there or a cheaper one that gets you what you need from it. I would never have said anything derogatory about your wines as i have never tasted them, even then it is not my place to make a judgement so why make a judgement on me or my business without testing what i do? Is that really fair?

I cannot make wine so i buy it - we offer TV so people do not need to have the knowledge. It is a pure choice.

As i said before if you want technical details or information just ask, happy to help.
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

This is a real car crash. How on earth do you expect to sell anything if you keep insulting your potential customers?

Pearson
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

The point is that he doesn't try to sell his wines in a discussion forum and therefore never has to go off on one because he doesn't like what he is hearing. This is a discussion forum, not a market place.
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

And, by the way, it is a very good discussion forum where a huge quantity of ideas and information is exchanged which greatly enables its contributors. What it isn't is a Le Boin Coin or a Yellow Pages.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

I 100% agree with you Neil, you are spot on hence my first comment on this list was to say there is an solution and please look at the ad on the main site.

But then people started to criticize so i just wanted to answer their questions in full so we can all be clear. Sorry about that.
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

You know what, now would be a good time to leave this discussion.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

I think we are all being excessively harsh on this guy, another forum member has been shamelessly plugging a similar service on the forum for a couple of years now, at least Moochie Media has paid for an advert.

I think it is absurd to expect Anglophone-Direct to vet every advertisement, their business is to sell advertising, not act like a consumers association or be experts in on-line TV.

All the suggestions on what equipment costs again are misleading, just like all cars are not the same and all computers are not the same then why should anyone believe that all Android/XBMC boxes are the same. I searched Amazon.co.uk for the box and controller in question and the best price I could find was equivalent to €151, add to that a Pure VPN subscription at €45 and you realise that he is charging just over €100 for his services.

Over the last couple of years I have helped a number of people set up similar boxes but if I had done it on a commercial basis there is no way that I would have done it for €100 and promise support for evermore.

I've just looked at a recent invoice for a plumber which was €110 for a call-out and an hours work. I paid it because it was a job I didn't want to do myself, so if you can set up a TV box yourself then you don't have to pay someone, otherwise it isn't unreasonably expensive.

I think Moochie Media is guilty of over-hyped advertising, setting false expectations and promoting their product knowing that many of the services available have been pirated but that is the world of Android/XBMC and you can find hundreds of similar adverts. Other than that they haven't done anything wrong.

Knowing how flaky the Android/XBMC platform can be then I think they are making a huge commitment and digging a big hole for themselves but we should hold back the criticism unless they fail to honour their promises.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

Thank you for you kind words Allan.

I will ensure i do not let you or the other members down and keep to what we say.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

Forgot to say don't forget to add the 15.3% charges on turn over as well which is about €59 on the costs.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks Allan. That was pretty well what I was going to say but put much more coherently. :lol:

Moochie Media has paid for an ad on the website and in the magazine - which I actually left out cos I was disorganised and fluffy. I don't know whether his system is good or bad…..but I do know that P-O Life Mag is very expensive to design and print, and without Moochie Media and other advertisers to support it, it wouldn't exist.

I would always turn down advertising that I knew to be illegal, immoral or fattening….if I heard of fraud or scam or anything that could be in any way detrimental to readers - and have refused advertising in the past for those reasons - but as far as I can tell, Boomshanka is none of those, and I think the tendency of a small minority to use the forum to jump on people's backs is unfair without anything to back it up. Give your opinions by all means, disagree with what he has to offer by all means - but please be careful how you express yourself.
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

Three lessons from this.

1. Don't try to sell directly into a forum, particularlyif you are new to it.

2. Avoid hyperbole. Don't use words like "revolutionary" or present yourself as a big company when you are an AE just starting out or make technical claims that your own website contradicts. You will be found out.

3. When people disagree with you, don't resort to name-calling. If you call somebody "childish", the casual reader will think it is you that is childish.

Having said that, I agree entirely with Allan's last post. I personally would be interested in how you get access to cricket. Nobody here is going to nick your business idea. I am not sure that the demand is that big or that long-term but as a fellow AE I wish you luck.

Pearson
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

Hope i answer this OK as it is a direct reply to a question.

1. Yes we can give access to cricket and the up coming Ashes series

And an answer to an earlier question re VPN and the need to renew.

A VPN is Only needed for BBC iPlayer, ITV Player etc. it is not required for any other form of programming. All of the BBC and ITV content can be found elsewhere so renewal of the VPN is not required after the first years service. The EU are trying to make a single digital market which will mean that the BBC etc can be accessed from anywhere in Europe but until that time comes you will need a VPN for the catch up services. Any VPN will work and there are no tie ins.

It was added on to the system following many requests to access BBC iPlayer services from people who are new to online TV and have only ever had experience of the services via a computer or watching Filmon.

Yes i am an AE here in France but i partner with NG in the UK for all of the software programming so together we are small enough to care but large enough to have a good supply source for all of our products.

I do hope this is OK