Tv cable for iphone

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Tv cable for iphone

Post by Geoman »

Put a VPN on my iPad/iPhone & its working 100 times better than my android box. Any suggestions as best cable etc to get iPhone/iPad onto my tv.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Apple AV Lightning Adaptor. Cost in France about 30€.
You will need an HDMI cable as well.
The adaptor fits into your iPhone/iPad and provides connectivity for both the HDMI lead (to the TV) and allows charging as well.
Mine works perfectly on an iPad.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Make sure you get the right version, older iPhones use a different connector. Or if you wish to do it without cables then get an Apple TV and use Airplay.

If you have an Android box you can get an Airplay app that lets you wirelessly send from an iPhone/pad
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Some good suggestions there. Any idea if a Smart TV can be setup to receive AirPlay?
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Santiago wrote:Some good suggestions there. Any idea if a Smart TV can be setup to receive AirPlay?
Not without an Apple TV box. Some makes such as Panasonic have their own equivalents.

There is also a semi-standard system called Miracast that attempts to do the same
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

If you use a freebox, you can Airplay to their tv box and dispense with the Apple TV: they have a bootleg implementation that they call "airmedia".
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Cheers, ordered cable from Apple & surprise it's actually I good bit cheaper from Apple Fr than Apple UK. The only drawback is that you can't watch Sky Go as Sky app. Seemingly blocks it.