1984 ?

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

1984 ?

Post by lonesome paddy »

I always thought that our Moderator Kate was just a very good mind reader, so this is how she knows every word i say.

Claims Smart TVs Are Spying On People
The latest smart TVs could be spying on you and your family.
Samsung is warning customers not to talk about personal information in front of their newest TV sets, which are voice activated.
The televisions have microphones in the screen or remote so you can change the channel by speaking to it.
But they can also record general conversations and then transmit the messages to third parties.
Privacy campaigners are outraged at the new technology, comparing the spying telescreens from George Orwell's book 1984.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

I always thought they did. Especially when Bruce Forsyth's face stared directly at me on a sofa or a presenter said this is especially for YOU.

Anyway they have started showing it as Gogglebox:)
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Nooooooooo. Thou jesteth methinks! Can they see us too? Must do my hair and hold my tummy in next time I'm in front of the telly! :lol: :lol:
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

Its so wrong but true, I know someone who has one and he swears that if he talks about holidays in front of his TV then uses his laptop all the advertising is holiday related but if he goes back and talks about electricity suddenly the adverts are all about switching to a new provider.

spooky !!