Mobile Phone Sim Only

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Mobile Phone Sim Only

Post by Davidsimon »

I see having a mobile as a necessary evil of modern times and use mine for emergencies or texting only.In Spain I had a Movistar sim that had a 6 month life with a 5 euro top-up and any credit that was left carried over.I'm looking for the same or similar here,looking on the net most French sims seem to lapse after 60 or 90 days,with all remaining credit lost.Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Try LeFrenchMobile.
No limit to credit but if use is less than 10€ a month, a small charge is applied.
Here's the link;
http://www.lefrenchmobile.com
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Smiley G wrote:Try LeFrenchMobile.
No limit to credit but if use is less than 10€ a month, a small charge is applied.
Here's the link;
http://www.lefrenchmobile.com
That's my problem I'd be pushed to use 10 euros a year
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I use Leclerc, pût 10€ on ,it Costa 1.50€ per Month till your10.00€ is low, then top up again
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Thanks that looks promising I'll check their site.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

If you also want a landline and internet have a look at free.fr.....you get a mobile with 2 hours of calls for free with their 29.99€ package
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

The place I'm staying has landline and Livebox (slow) there may be a similar deal with Orange but I'd imagine the owner has that.
geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by geoff.smith »

why not use a uk sim we know them all if you are in credit you only have to make 1 call per 6 months i top up £10 and it lasts me for about a year...i use T Mobile have done ages never a problem G
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

I've still got one Geoff that I have to keep for UK internet banking.I'll need one to give to my French bank.Doubt they'd be too thrilled calling a UK number :wink:
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Why do you need a sim card for internet banking? I bank with RBS and CIC and can operate my accounts from any computer, tablet, smartphone etc., anywhere in the world. No sim card required.

Russell.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

CA Britline call me in the UK
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

russell wrote:Why do you need a sim card for internet banking? I bank with RBS and CIC and can operate my accounts from any computer, tablet, smartphone etc., anywhere in the world. No sim card required.

Russell.
Hi Russell,I'm with RBS and TSB (not that I have any money though) RBS require a number so that they can contact you if any large or unusual amounts (international transfers inc France if they aren't pre-notified) move from your account and TSB text you a confirmation code if you change any values .like password in online banking.I contacted both to enquire if a foreign mobile would suffice,they said no,but it is possible you've had a different answer,after all they are banks.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Don't know about TSB but the RBS Digital Banking website allows you to enter a mobile number prefixed with the country code for France. I suspect if you ask one of their advisors they say no because they don't know.

Russell.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

russell wrote:Don't know about TSB but the RBS Digital Banking website allows you to enter a mobile number prefixed with the country code for France. I suspect if you ask one of their advisors they say no because they don't know.

Russell.
Knowing RBS that might well be true :wink:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Nigel wrote:If you also want a landline and internet have a look at free.fr.....you get a mobile with 2 hours of calls for free with their 29.99€ package
Even if you are not a landline customer, this deal (inc a small data allowance) is only 2€ a month. I find that well worth paying to avoid faffing about with top-ups on a PAYG deal.