Split hard drive

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

nicbyrne
Rank 0
Rank 0

Split hard drive

Post by nicbyrne »

I need some help with a laptop. After a recent re-installation and virus clean, the French computer guy for some unknown reason divided the the hard drive into two parts and saved all old documents in a new E drive. All new documents can be saved in "My Documents" and backed up onto an external hard drive. We need help to take the hard drive back to its original state asap and we live near Vinca.

Please send me a PM if you are able to help

Many thanks

Nic
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Which operating system are you running?
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Nic

Back up ALL the files, from both drives before you do anything.

J
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
nicbyrne
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nicbyrne »

Hi Allan

Operating system is Windows 7 running Office 2003. On the re install the guy replaced Office 2007 with 2003, which Microsoft stopped supporting in April 2014.

Nic
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

nicbyrne wrote:Hi Allan

Operating system is Windows 7 running Office 2003. On the re install the guy replaced Office 2007 with 2003, which Microsoft stopped supporting in April 2014.

Nic
He probably put Office 2003 on because he didn't have an activation key for 2007 either way, almost certainly you are using software registered to somebody else or a pirated copy. It is however unlikely that anyone will take action against you.

In Windows 7 you can extend your system partition, this link explains how
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... -in-vista/

If you have enough space on your drive C then copy the documents from E drive into My documents on drive C.

As a precaution back everything up before changing your partitions.

If you have your original Office 2007 disks and activation key then you could re-install it.

Out of interest, what is the urgent need to put it back in its original form?