new drop in signal

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

new drop in signal

Post by montgolfiere »

there has been a drop in at least the signal from (at least) 2f...... No ITV 1+1 Yorks ( and 4/7 breaking up) this morning, on my Gib 125 with Feedhorn LNB.
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

Since the end of October on our 80cm dish, we were receiving all the UK channels with little or no breakup of picture although C5 always seemed to have a mind of its own.
Last weekend however we lost them all.
CD
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CD »

There's a theory been floating around our house over the festive season, that there is a English guy at Astra who has been on holiday down here and who turned up the power a bit so he didn't miss this favourite shows.

Of course, he is now back at work in the UK and so has turned the power down again!

Maybe it was just a little Xmas present for us all...

Cheers,

Chris
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

We have been receiving all Astra channels on our 120cms dish and Freesat box without breakup....except sometimes bit of pixalation on ITV Central
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

ITV East Midlands is on 2f and is a weak signal. when it goes i just go to Channel 973 and itv London
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

My OH reckons that the satellite moves very slightly. After all it is just floating in space. As we are right on the edge of the beam that makes a difference. Seems sensible to me but then I would say that.

Mary
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Merisin wrote:My OH reckons that the satellite moves very slightly. After all it is just floating in space. As we are right on the edge of the beam that makes a difference. Seems sensible to me but then I would say that.

Mary
The satellite isn't "floating" it is in an orbit around the earth at such a distance that it takes 24 hours to complete an orbit. Thus from any point on Earth it appears to be stationary, well almost. If the Earth was floating on its own way out in space the satelite would appear to be stationary however it is influenced by the Sun and the Moon, the result being that it appears to describe a figure of eight in the sky. This figure of eight measures less than 0.5°. Since the beamwidth of a 1.2 m dish is about 1.4° this shouldn't be a problem provided the dish is correctly aligned.

Russell.