Burning CD from French itunes on Windows 8

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Brian »

Hi

Trivial it may seem, but has anyone tried/achieved the above? When searching on Google.uk it opens up various info sites but for UK iTunes, when tried on French iTunes (eg right click on music title, open up burn CD) no such step available. Could just be me (!) but can't fathom how to do it!!
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

I can only speak as a Mac user of iTunes.
Here are some general observations though;
1 You will need the Windows version of iTunes installed on your P.C.
2 You will need to open a French iTunes account. (Even if you're not going to buy)
3 Under your Music library you should have a symbol saying "Playlists"
4 Under this heading you should see a musical symbol "Burn to CD"
The above are on Mac iTunes 12.0.1.26 (The latest version with Mac OS Yosemite).
If anyone out there has iTunes up and running for Windows, please post the appropriate instructions for Brian to use.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

Using Windows version of UK iTunes is the same as for a Mac:

1. Go to Music and Playlists
2. Click on (highlight) any of the headings under Playlists and either: Right click on a highlighted play list and you will see "Burn Playlist to Disc" or Go to File menu at top left and in drop down you will see "Burn Playlist to Disc"

Hope this helps.
Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Brian »

Thanks very much for info posted. I already have French iTunes account and music downloaded. Problem is I don't have any drop down for play list or when right clicking on individual item, no 'burn to cd' in French equivalent. Clicking on musique merely gives options for videos etc. Living in France one can't have a UK iTunes account as a UK address is required, which we no longer have - tried to retain UK account but they won't have it!!
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

I'm baffled. Perhaps this screenshot might help: http://southnewtonpc.moonfruit.com/#/it ... 4587848534
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Something to check

Post by Allan »

Are you sure that iTunes is recognising your CD/DVD as a writable device?

If it is not then the options to burn a CD do not appear in any of the menus.

Check in iTunes/Edit/Preferences ( or whatever the French equivalent is )

There should be an icon for the CD burner in the icon bar at the top of the window.

If there isn't one there then either your device is not writable or it is not configured correctly.

By the way, I use the same version of iTunes for accounts in the English and French stores and the menus are all the same.
Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Brian »

Hi,
Many thanks for advice. Unbeknown to me, all my iTunes selections were automatically downloaded into Xbox and, more relevantly, Windows Live Media. I have therefore 'by-passed' iTunes and burnt the required cds from Windows live Media. It is quite apparent that until the day I quit this earthly ball, I shall continue to learn more on how to use a laptop!!!