Free mobile calls/data in UK

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Free mobile calls/data in UK

Post by martyn94 »

Not really "Hi Tech", but it may be useful to note that the Free mobile €19.99 a month package (€15.99 if you have a Free landline) now includes unlimited calls within the UK and back to France, and up to a total 3GB of data, over a maximum 35 days a year. And similarly for various other countries. Not decisively interesting for me - I'm waiting for them to get round to Spain - but I guess valuable for some.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

That's really good, I always thought that Free Mobile was really good value in France but extremely expensive to use in the UK.

Thanks Martin and yes, Spain would be good
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:That's really good, I always thought that Free Mobile was really good value in France but extremely expensive to use in the UK.

Thanks Martin and yes, Spain would be good
It's a while since I looked, but as I recall Free's rates for use abroad - and excess use in France - are no worse and usually better than the other big networks. For my pattern of use, the Free €2 package (€0 to me as a landline customer) is a real bargain: the odd months when I pay €10-20 in excess charges are more than balanced by the months I pay nothing.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

By way of afterthought, you can also piggy-back onto your Free land line service, from any location with wifi, if you install a SIP client on your mobile phone, tablet etc. That gives you free and or cheap calls to most places you might want. And you can also take incoming calls to your landline number if you choose (rather a mixed blessing if you're in the wrong time zone). Not something I've tried (my tech ambitions are on hold thanks to building work): but I mean to.