FilmOn iPad App; not working?

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

FilmOn iPad App; not working?

Post by Smiley G »

Since 9pm last night when we try to select a channel the screen says "BBC 1 loading" and then nothing happens.
It was working fine for "Holby City" but when we went to change channel to Film4 it stopped working.
Anybody got a solution?
I should add that the iPad IS streaming the web application OK. I think the Apple App. may be broken :cry:
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

BBC 1 is working this afternoon via both the XBMC Filmon addon and the Google app Filmon Live.
I can also confirm that the XBMC Addon was working this morning.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Works fine for me on an iPad

Try clearing Filmon from memory and try again
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

iPad App. now working..............very strange! :shock:
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

It's the App. & iOS8-they don't like one another!

Post by Smiley G »

The technical team at FilmOn have confirmed that the App. for iPads & iPhones
(version 1.10.17) does not currently sit well with either iOS8 or iOS8.0.2.
They couldn't tell me when an update will be available to download from the App. Store but to just use www.FilmOn.com on the browser.
This obviously works and I have found Chrome better suited than Safari for this purpose.
Hope this helps anyone who has been having similar problems with the App., the main manifestation being that everything goes wrong when you attempt to change channels. (e.g. you're watching BBC 1 and want to switch over to say ITV3 and all you get is "ITV 3 loading" and nothing happens.
Based on the change from iOS6 to iOS7, this will take FilmOn some time to fix. I will post when the App. is up and running smoothly.