has anyone got this installed from sky digi ??

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Prosserp
Rank 2
Rank 2

has anyone got this installed from sky digi ??

Post by Prosserp »

Many people are still using their computers to view TV using various sites for free, but installing the IPTV system it is viewed on your telly using a remote control. We are using a UK Agency and am happy with their service, support and prices. You do not have to deal with the agency, we remain your contact, acting on your behalf without having to pay annual agency fees.
Here is how it works - we install a tiny Set Top Box which is linked with your TV and your internet, no matter how far the modem is from the telly. The back-end of the box is linked with the severs of the agency and is streamed to your property at a very high speed giving you all the main/missing channels back, live, this is not delayed TV. It does not buffer or have annoying download times. With the necessary internet speed of 2mbps it will just work. You use a remote control to navigate, it has a mini screen to view with EPG, Electronic Programme Guide. It also offers 14 days ’Catch up TV’ on some of the main channels. We install and demonstrate this at your leisure and back it with top after sales. There is a once off initial set up cost and a monthly subscription of 18.10€ per month. For clients that do not live in France permanently the agency also offers PAYG ’Pay as you Go’
Skydigi is happy to discuss any of this with you and am offering a 20% on the IPTV for any clients referring to this article.
For more information please contact the Skydigi Team on 04 68 87 18 30
Prosserp
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Prosserp »

is the above any good
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I do not know this Particular system/supplier but many people are happy with subscription IPTV.
However i personally decided to go down the FTA IPTV Route for my Customers and on the whole they are Content.

But of course, in the first instance, any IPTV System is only as relaible as the quality and speed of your own internet connection.
Last edited by montgolfiere on Sat 27 Sep 2014 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I think the device works well. It gives TV's access to streaming services on the internet. Some of these, like Filmon, are free but with poor quality graphics and subject to frequent breaks in service. They are also walking a fine line of copyright infringement. Some are pay services and offer all sorts of entertainment. I'm currently overwhelmed with Netflix, which costs a measly 8€ a month.

I'm not sure what the other paid UK TV streaming services are like. Personally I'm perfectly happy to watch catch-up TV using BBc IPlayer and 4OD.

What I don't think is good is the price that these installers are charging for their set-top boxes. The devices cost about £60. Amazon sell dozens of choices, as do all the multimedia shops and big supermarkets in Perpignan and the installation is simply plugging it into the TV and linking it up to the internet. Now maybe some people find that kind of thing challenging but an additional 200€ charge seems a bit hefty. Would you pay someone that to plug your TV in and tune it for you? It's not like installing a satellite dish.

I'm also not sure what value you get from the monthly packages being sold with them that you can't get from a free service.

Various people have posted much cheaper solutions to getting internet TV on this forum.

So that's my 2 cents.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

My android box still works for me! As with every form of internet tv it's your download speed that makes the difference, in my opinion nobody can guarantee perfect picture all the time. I get great radio2 during the day & good but not perfect all the time tv at night but for an £80 on off cost it serves me well.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Santiago wrote:
What I don't think is good is the price that these installers are charging for their set-top boxes. The devices cost about £60. Amazon sell dozens of choices, as do all the multimedia shops and big supermarkets in Perpignan and the installation is simply plugging it into the TV and linking it up to the internet. Now maybe some people find that kind of thing challenging but an additional 200€ charge seems a bit hefty. Would you pay someone that to plug your TV in and tune it for you? It's not like installing a satellite dish.

If only it was that simple..... Unfortunately in my case i spend a lot of time sourcing the right Make, Model and Version of Android IPTV Sytem Boxes (and the associated shipping charges) and then there is the time i then spend setting these boxes up so they work better than the standard version available form the likes of Amazon etc. (my Units can source the UK FTA Channels in HD without any Subscription.)
Not forgetting all the Costs and Charges involved with running a business here in France that have to be taken into account.

BTW:
For my Systems each unit takes on average 1hr. to set up before installation and +/- 1hr. to install and demonstrate to the Customer.
I also provide the usual 'Guarantees and After Sales Service', so i do hope my Customers feel they are getting 'Value for Money'.
Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

IPTV

Post by Brian »

Hi
Thought I would catch up on this to see if other people have had problems we are experiencing.
System installed 12 months ago, worked fine for 9 - 10 months save for odd hiccough then problems started - constant pixilation of picture, broken, dialogue and freezing of programme almost every night for a number of days. per instructions from Skydigi, contacted main provider, UKexpat TV -they said it was issues with our broadband. Orange checked broadband speed over two separate 24 hour periods, minimum Megabite levels necessary for TV reception were maintained. UK expat say, no it isn't our individual broadband but international traffic issues with Orange/France Telecom. Strange thing is that a neighbour about 1/2 mile away on same system has no such problems - UKexpat say that's not surprising they may be on different cabling. I am not an expert on this and have relied totally on Skydigi and UKexpat, Skydigi say we should ditch the system and have a 1.9 metre dish facing SE. Firstly we are paying for a system/service we are not receiving to a satisfactory level on many occasions, and secondly we don't want a blooming great dish in our garden! Any views on alternatives that won't cost us a further fortune?!!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Brian have sent you a PM.
Dylan
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

They may well be right.

Reliable IPTV only really exists where the provider is also your Internet service provider. All the main ISPs offer internet television unfortunately not in English. They can do this by prioritising TV traffic on their own network. When you connect to a third party iptv system then the traffic goes in the pot with everything else and can slowdown at any point on the Internet between you and them. UKExpatTV has no control over this, the same applies to Filmon or any other 3rd party IPTV provider.

Try using Filmon on a computer or tablet and see if it works any better. If it does, get an Apple TV or and Android TV stick or box.

You don't say if you are using wifi or a wired connection, if wifi try a wired connection.

There are many options open to you, Zattoo will give you live and catch up TV for a small subscription or get a Sky subscription and watch the terrestrial channels using their Anytime service.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

This was exactly the problem that persuaded me to stop installing the Pay TV Systems. (in my Case also UKExpatTv)

I decided to research the best way of accessing the UK HD Streams and that is what i supply........ an Android IPTV System that receives the Filmon <HD> streams without any subscription with full after sales service..
This solution enables me to monitor the Customer's Reception and if a problem developes, i can remove the equipment and give a (Reasonable) Refund. (A lot more of this is in my Control without any third party).
Please PM me or see my website for any further information.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

montgolfiere wrote:This was exactly the problem that persuaded me to stop installing the Pay TV Systems. (in my Case also UKExpatTv)

I decided to research the best way of accessing the UK HD Streams and that is what i supply........ an Android IPTV System that receives the Filmon <HD> streams without any subscription with full after sales service..
This solution enables me to monitor the Customer's Reception and if a problem developes, i can remove the equipment and give a (Reasonable) Refund. (A lot more of this is in my Control without any third party).
Please PM me or see my website for any further information.
I know you like to plug your service, but you only have to look at the number of threads on here referring to 'Filmon not working' to question if it is the best way to watch IPTV.

I agree it is the best way to watch IPTV without a subscription but if someone is prepared to pay for it, there are in my opinion, much better options.
As for more things being in your control, you have no control over Internet speed, or buffering. You can however give someone a refund if it doesn't work but isn't that a basic consumer right.

I don't decry your service, if people are uncomfortable setting things up for themselves then it is good that there is someone they can pay to do it for them but please don't present the supplied technology as anything different from what a lot of other people are using.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I would be very interested to know how many people running Android iptv systems are actually watching the Filmon HD Streams without a Filmon Subscription.

(The Android IPTV Box i supply does actually have Firmware installed and the XBMC app installed have been developed by my Supplier so although Similar to other Android IPTV Systems, it does have some advantages over other systems i have tested.)

The problem with the subscription iptv services encountering problems. eg internet Buffering etc. is that they say it is 'outside their control' and they did not want to give 'Refunds'.... of course i have no control over any Customers internet connection but it is up to ME to give the refund, and not a third party. I think that the problems that ukExpattv are alluding to with Orange and the wider net (a complicted scenario that has at its root Influence/Money) do not apply to Filmons streaming.

In 12 months of using the android iptv system i install, at least 1 of the 5 different ways of accessing the UKTV Channels (as i set up the Boxes) has always worked as far as i know. So actually Filmon is pretty reliable.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

montgolfiere wrote:I would be very interested to know how many people running Android iptv systems are actually watching the Filmon HD Streams without a Filmon Subscription.

(The Android IPTV Box i supply does actually have Firmware installed and the XBMC app installed have been developed by my Supplier so although Similar to other Android IPTV Systems, it does have some advantages over other systems i have tested.)

The problem with the subscription iptv services encountering problems. eg internet Buffering etc. is that they say it is 'outside their control' and they did not want to give 'Refunds'.... of course i have no control over any Customers internet connection but it is up to ME to give the refund, and not a third party. I think that the problems that ukExpattv are alluding to with Orange and the wider net (a complicted scenario that has at its root Influence/Money) do not apply to Filmons streaming.

In 12 months of using the android iptv system i install, at least 1 of the 5 different ways of accessing the UKTV Channels (as i set up the Boxes) has always worked as far as i know. So actually Filmon is pretty reliable.
I'm not sure that having to work your way through multiple XBMC and Android apps to find one that works can truly be called reliable but for a free service Filmon is pretty good.

I could be mis-reading you but being able to receive Filmon's higher quality streams is a capability of the standard XBMC apps and not specific to your setup. Most mainstream Android boxes have XBMC installed as standard.

Filmon may have a much larger infrastructure than small IPTV providers but the internet is a mesh of connections with an almost infinite number of routes between 2 points. Filmon has no means of ensuring a quality of service.

Personally I find watching Filmon on a £10 Now TV box via Plex is a much simpler method and with a SmartDNS you can get access to iPlayer, ITV player and all the other catch up services.

I have set up many TV systems for friends and I know it can be time consuming so I don't begrudge you your charge for doing it but I struggle to see what is 'special' about your set-up
Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Brian »

Hi
Many thanks for the replies and the PM received. Guess overall not what I wanted to hear! I am a complete numbskull regarding internet/setting up so would have to use the services of somebody. It might have some bearing that a lot of our UK TV watching is done on 'catch-up' for a few hours only in an evening. What does annoy me is that the problems we have/are experiencing were not in any way highlighted or identified as a potential 'risk/problem' when the system was first installed (perhaps I shouldn't be surprised).
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

All i can add is that ukexpattv were experiencing these problems at the beginning of the year when i decided i could not be an Agent for their services.... It was just the occasional Problem but they did not appear to want to address the reality of such a situation and offer a refund cancellation of contract etc.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

In my experience.Filmon HD FTA is actually only available on 1 of the XBMC Addons. (It was available on FTV but, as of lately, it hasn't been reliable.)
I personally have no problem with everyone finding their own solutions.

I am just happy to be able to offer the best solution (in my experience) to those who require someone to set something up for them.
Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Brian »

Hi
Current update is that we await return of Skydigi (!) from UK break, our contract is due to terminate shortly and there is the suggestion of another system requiring less megabites to operate. Also the view has been expressed that it is not -international traffic- causing the problem as we did not have the issues for the first 8 - 9 months but rather a problem with the telephone/internet line albeit Orange say it is ok.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Brian,

You can easily check the speed of your connection at www.speedtest.net

Russell.
Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Brian »

Russell

Have only just picked up your comment re checking connection speed. Have done this on a number of occasions and speed is at or slightly above 2mps required for the tv system and in accordance with the contract with Orange.

It now transpires that we may have been connected to the wrong server following a previous change that we were not advised about - we wait to see if this solves the problem!