manual for xbmc

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

manual for xbmc

Post by jethro »

The only comprehensible guide I can find to all this XBMC malarkey is by a man who goes through the whole process of loading UK TV add-ons in great and patient detail. I haven't followed it all up yet but I will report back when I have been through it all. The url is https.//jamestonbradley.worldpress.com
for anyone interested.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

The Boxes i use come with a version of XBMC which has all the addons i require (FTV, 2x Filmon and notFilmon amongst others) already loaded and just ready to install.
Unfortunately loading addons 'from scratch' is a complicated proceedure which i prefer to leave to my Supplier.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

montgolfiere wrote:The Boxes i use come with a version of XBMC which has all the addons i require (FTV, 2x Filmon and notFilmon amongst others) already loaded and just ready to install.
Unfortunately loading addons 'from scratch' is a complicated proceedure which i prefer to leave to my Supplier.
I know you sell these boxes and may have a vested interest here but the process of installing on XBMC is pretty trivial and once you have installed one app then all others are more or less the same.

If you google 'XBMC fusion'. You will find loads of tutorials for installing the Fusion hub which then makes most of the 3rd party apps available.

I haven't read the book that Jethro speaks of but if you search Amazon books for XBMC then there are dozens available. Having said that, there are plenty of videos on Youtube that demonstrate how to set it up.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

There is a forum for XBMC (soon to be renamed Kodi) where you can ask for help: http://forum.xbmc.org/

Personally I prefer the Filmon Android App which, although it has it's moments, seems to be more reliable than XBMC.

Russell.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

It may be 'Trivial' to those who can already use Android or of course are adept in anything more than being a 'user' of a Computer. However many of my Clients arer not particularily computer/Android Savvy. And of course i want these Devices for the expat use of UK TV , Films and Series. i leave instructions for those who want to add other addons from the library that comes installed in this version of XBMC. I have yet to meet a Client' who requires anything else.
Allan wrote:
I know you sell these boxes and may have a vested interest here but the process of installing on XBMC is pretty trivial and once you have installed one app then all others are more or less the same.

If you google 'XBMC fusion'. You will find loads of tutorials for installing the Fusion hub which then makes most of the 3rd party apps available.

I haven't read the book that Jethro speaks of but if you search Amazon books for XBMC then there are dozens available. Having said that, there are plenty of videos on Youtube that demonstrate how to set it up.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Montgolfiere, I picked you up on the point that you said it was complicated, it isn't.

It does stand to reason however that if people are paying you to set a box up then they are probably less comfortable than most with such technology (or they believe you when you say it is complicated).

My advice to anyone not familiar with XBMC. Is download a copy for whatever PC they have and set it up on there first. Watch a few Youtube videos, it really is easy.

It is much easier on a PC as you are already connected to the internet and would generally have a decent keyboard/mouse to hand.

Once you are comfortable with the concept you can repeat the process on your Android Tv box or other target device.

XBMC (or Kodi as it has just been renamed). Runs on Windows, Macs and Linux as well as Android TV boxes