Sky on demand

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Phipplebert

Sky on demand

Post by Phipplebert »

I know that sometimes programmes don't make it on to the on demand service due to various reasons but for some reason I have got the first programme in dragons den showing but the next 3 are not showing up at al, the next one to show is episode 5 which is not yet on demand as it has not shown live yet...
Why am I not getting any of these come up? I presumed maybe no2 was not going to go on to on demand but to have the first one and miss the next 3, makes me think it's something at my end? The programme has not expired, so that's not the problem and everything else as far as I can see is updating...
Any ideas?
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

Not a direct reply to your problem but these episodes were available for catch up with the BBC Iplayer.

Pearson
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

It's not you, I have the same problem.

On BBC's website it says :-

Sky on Demand – Delay in programme availability

We are aware that there are problems with programmes being published on the Sky On Demand platform and are working with Sky to determine why there is a delay in programmes being made available to audiences.

You could always download the missing episodes onto your iPad and then use Airplay to show then on your TV
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Ah that would also account for why I just looked up cuckoo which is also not on there. Hmmm.
For some reason it won't let me access iplayer, even with the overplay subscribed and logged in....grr technology, my poor brain!
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Technology is your friend :D

Overplay and iPlayer is working fine for me (but then I'm not blonde)

Do you want me to put the missing episodes onto my FTP site for you?
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Haha! I'm logged in to overplay and when I go on to iplayer it's all lovely until I press play and then it says not available for your region...hmmm.
If you did kindly put them on to your FTP, do i just save them on my laptop and watch them? If so yes please :) can I have cuckoo too - it's brilliant.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Phipplebert wrote:Haha! I'm logged in to overplay and when I go on to iplayer it's all lovely until I press play and then it says not available for your region...hmmm.
If you did kindly put them on to your FTP, do i just save them on my laptop and watch them? If so yes please :) can I have cuckoo too - it's brilliant.
OK they are on my FTP site in a folder called Dragons Den and Cuckoo

Download them to your PC and you can watch them there. I believe however that your Freebox acts as a media server so you should be able to watch them on your TV. I've never done that on a Freebox but I don't think it should be difficult.

On your iPad, go to your wifi connection and press the little i in a circle

The DNS settings should read 176.67.84.19, 178.79.166.52 note the comma in the middle
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

THANK YOU! :)
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

P.s. Let's hope they get back up to speed soon!