New Signal Reduction

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

New Signal Reduction

Post by montgolfiere »

since Tuesday evening, the signal from 2f has dropped leading to the loss, for at least part of the day, of reception of the likes of C5 4/7 etc. Reception from 2e is, at the moment, holding up.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I'd forgotten that dishes were still being used. Is there any consensus yet on the size of dish for adequate reception (ie most of the time: I wouldn't mind some outage) well south of Perpignan, eg Port Vendres?
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

martyn94 wrote:I'd forgotten that dishes were still being used. Is there any consensus yet on the size of dish for adequate reception (ie most of the time: I wouldn't mind some outage) well south of Perpignan, eg Port Vendres?
The last I heard was South of Perpignan, a 180cm was the minimum required. I know someone with a 125cm dish is, like me, using the internet.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Thanks. As I feared. But at least it's clear cut: 180cm is so much bigger than I can contemplate that I can forget satellite for good.
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

I know, I've abandoned satellite now (except for Sky News). As long as you can get a decent Mbps you can get a good IPTV solution in so many ways. I tried UKEPATTV and I'm really happy with them, their prices/packages are very reasonable, the picture quality is good and their 14 day catch up is good. IPTV is the way ahead down here.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

My only fear - if that's the right word - is that I would watch even less via IPTV than I already do via satellite. I'm conditioned by decades of catching TV programmes when broadcast or not at all. Once you can get them on demand, and stop and re-start, the chances of my ever finishing one, or even starting most of them, fall to almost nil. Still, I suppose that there are always charades, or knitting.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

BBC and ITV from Intelsat 907 is working fine on an 80 cm dish in St Feliu.

Russell
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

I did think of using Intelsat 907 but it would be the kiss of death because I know that if I spent the Eur 150 on the special receiver they'd change the Biss key system the next week to something which can't be hacked and then everyone would be kippered!!
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Neil...In that case thank you for not buying one !!!!
British TV
Rank 0
Rank 0

Dish Alignment!

Post by British TV »

Have you had your dishes Professionally realigned?

Did that make any difference?

http://digitaltvlanguedoc.eu/
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Dish Alignment!

Post by russell »

British TV wrote:Have you had your dishes Professionally realigned?
No. I set up a dish on Intelsat 907 for a friend using an accurate compass (from my sailing days) and a cheapo satellite finder, one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Konig-Sat-Fin ... 414c9a0813

Russell.