Free Internet

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Free Internet

Post by jethro »

My house has never had a fixed line. I want to use Free as my FAI. Their idiot website insists on a phone number, but will not accept either of mine, which are in Belgium. I cannot, therefore contact Free and may have to go to Beziers to sign up for their installation of a fixed line, Freebox etc., as this is their nearest boutique to Sorede. I have come across the French tendency to reject all non-French numbers on websites before. Does any Free user know a way round this ? I don't really want to go to a competitor.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Perhaps you should look a bit harder at their website.
This link tells you what to do if you have no phone line.
http://adslcgi.free.fr/subscribe/NDI0_indexnewline.html

Good luck
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

Exactly. You apply for a line and fill in the form which is then rejected because your Belgian phone number doesn't fit into their scheme of things. I can read quite well, thanks.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Apologies, I now see your problem and yes its daft.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I may be being totally thick but dont internet providers regardless of whether its Free, Orange, SFR etc all use fixed lines installed by France telecom, as was. Is it not possible to get the phone line installed, Tel number given and then apply to Free.
Dylan
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Buy a pre-paid SIM card and get a French mobile number?
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

We just arrange for installation on Orange,s English speaking website & it couldn't have been easier. Engineer booked live box on its way & new telephone number given, & all without a mention of payment. Maybe they will forget & give us it free lol
Prosserp
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Prosserp »

we recently switched from orange to sfr , sfr were doing a good deal of internet and phone for 19.99 for 12months ... orange have just
brought out the same deal. dont know what Free charge but 19.99 is a good price in my mind