Filmon

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Prosserp
Rank 2
Rank 2

Filmon

Post by Prosserp »

Has anyone else been having problems with filmon app on their ipod , iphone etc , if so in the top corner of app is an 'about' button , press it and you can email filmon with your problem , they normally reply within an hour or so and they will send you a link to software that checks your filmon etc and you send the result back to them , very efficient ...
Apparently fifa have made them block access to the football for us brits living abroad ... So you will need a vpn to watch the games in english
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

New FilmOn error message

Post by Smiley G »

Tried to watch the ITV 1 evening news with FilmOn regularly blacking out and displaying a message in the top left hand corner of the screen;
"Sorry, no products available for your your region. Please try again later."

Equipment.....,
Orange LiveBox 2+Mbps speed.
Apple iPad mini
Hardwiring to Sony Bravia via Apple digital AV adaptor.
Also use MacBook Air, iPhone & iPad which have the FilmOn App.installed

Will a VPN work with the above and if so which one is the best value?
Are they easy to instal?
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: New FilmOn error message

Post by Allan »

Smiley G wrote:Tried to watch the ITV 1 evening news with FilmOn regularly blacking out and displaying a message in the top left hand corner of the screen;
"Sorry, no products available for your your region. Please try again later."

Equipment.....,
Orange LiveBox 2+Mbps speed.
Apple iPad mini
Hardwiring to Sony Bravia via Apple digital AV adaptor.
Also use MacBook Air, iPhone & iPad which have the FilmOn App.installed

Will a VPN work with the above and if so which one is the best value?
Are they easy to instal?
You would be better with a SmartDNS,easy to install and you just leave it in place. Overplay works well and supports UK Filmon channels.

One you have a SmartDNS in place you will have many more options for live TV, not just Filmon
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Allan, thanks. I will look at the Overplay Smart DNS over the weekend.
Do you know it MAY be the FilmOn App. itself playing up. I'm currently streaming BBC1 to the TV using the FilmOn weblink from Safari (the Apple browser).
No problems yet and a satisfactory stop-gap until I can establish whether the App. is the problem or if today's problem is just one of FilmOn's glitches.
[/i]
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

The iPad apps are all pretty solid but why not blow €3.60 and try it with Overplay.
You can then try TvPlayer which is a very professional alternative to filmon as well as all the authorised uk tv sites. It takes about 30 seconds to install Overplay and you can cancel after a month if you don't want it.

If you can't work out how to install it let me know and I'll post instructions
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I was watching itv on a xbmc Filmon addon yesterday evening and it was working into the Football..
(At which point i switched and went to the Beeb to watch the program about the 7 Wonders of Brazil which was running very well in HD until i switched off around 10.30.)

Apart from the 'blocking' issues with fifa and the world cup, i have had little 'geo blocking' on filmon. The only issues i have spotted are the BBC Radio Commentaries on Test matches and f1.

I have spotted a 'work round' for the football, please 'pm' me, as i feel that if 'openly published', 'They' may try and block this as well.
Prosserp
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Prosserp »

i have emailed filmon re their app and they inform me that have switched around the default settings on it .... the default used to be the free sd channels , now if you just press for instance bbc one, it defaults to hd and therefore will go off after a minute or so... so now when the channels come up on the app you have to now press sd rather than the general bbc 1 button ...
hope the above makes sense...
i don't use any VPN with filmon , unless i want to watch the world cup
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Prosserp wrote:i have emailed filmon re their app and they inform me that have switched around the default settings on it .... the default used to be the free sd channels , now if you just press for instance bbc one, it defaults to hd and therefore will go off after a minute or so... so now when the channels come up on the app you have to now press sd rather than the general bbc 1 button ...
hope the above makes sense...
i don't use any VPN with filmon , unless i want to watch the world cup
This is interesting as it's the problem I had last week.
Prosserp, I assume you tap the screen above the SDFree area. It's a bit difficult with large fingers on an iPad mini! How are you doing it?
I've got it on test now (BBC1) having attempted to tap the screen where it says SDFree and hope that it's not gone to this (new) HD default. Interestingly, I thought FilmOn HD required 4Mbps download speed and as I only get 2.06 I'm surprised it was asking me to subscribe last week!!!!
Prosserp
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Prosserp »

yep you have to press the sd button now
where as before you didnt