Android box

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Android box

Post by Geoman »

Right got the tv, now I,m going for the android box. Will any box with xbmc do the trick? Will I need quad core or will dual core do it? They range in price from £60 to £85 don't want to play games etc just stream the uk tv.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

G-Box Midnight works for what you're asking. I bought mine from Amazon in the UK a few years back. Can't remember the price but it has been the range a little of what you mentioned. Of course I was counting the delivery from the UK to France.

My Android gives me Filmon easily.

Of course there are similar androids on the market too.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Welcome to the jungle, there are dozens of products out there, all claiming similar specifications, churned out by factories in China and sold by teenagers on eBay. Like most electronic devices, the specs may sound the same but the quality can vary enormously.

The market leader is Matricom and their current version of the G-box Midnight as recommended by Blackduff is the G-box MX2 which is consistently the top seller on Amazon.

Be warned, the success of the G-Box has led to other products copying the name, there are loads called MX2 and even one called the G-box MX3. The originals are made by Matricom.

I am not saying other models won't work but you probably stand a better chance with a top seller.

I have both dual core and quad core boxes, if you want smoother operation and to be able to watch in HD then quad core is better.

You don't need XBMC to watch UK TV as there are native android apps available.

Buy a unit with an Ethernet connector as well as wifi as Ethernet generally works better.

At the end of the day, most products will probably work but don't expect anything like the backup you would get with a major consumer brand.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Watching via XBMC has 1 major advantage: The UK FTA TV Streams can be viewed in HD without any Subscription.