Tooway Direct Equipment

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

QB
Rank 1
Rank 1

Tooway Direct Equipment

Post by QB »

Hi

I have a complete and working Tooway Direct installation which I no longer use available free of charge to anyone who can collect it from my house in Eus. The equipment was installed in Feb 2012 and has given two years fault free service. It comprises of an off-white 75cm Tooway dish, a ViaSat satellite transceiver and a ViaSat satellite modem.

I will keep the equipment here until 7th June. It will then be taken to the déchèterie if there are no takers.

Regards

QB
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Tooway Direct Equipment

Post by martyn94 »

QB wrote:Hi

I will keep the equipment here until 7th June. It will then be taken to the déchèterie if there are no takers.

Regards

QB
It would be a shame if it went to the tip. I have the same setup elsewhere in France and it works very well. And easy to install by yourself if you have a solid wall facing the right way. I assume you can change subscriber without too much fuss: I have found their helpline very helpful on the rare occasions I have needed to call them.
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Hi I could I have this please if it's still available.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

In order to use Tooway satellite internet, you need to pay a subscription. You can do this in France or in the UK.

If you subscribe in the UK you can get a UK IP address which means you can use any of the UK TV services. With a French subscription you are restricted to the service offered by Filmon. None of the usual tricks like a VPN or SmartDNS will work.

Be aware also that Tooway is sold with a data allowance which gets used up very quickly when watching TV via the internet.
QB
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by QB »

The Tooway equipment has found a new home. Thanks