Rasberry PI

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Rasberry PI

Post by blackduff »

I've heard that the Rasberry PI units will start to sell around the PO. I cannot tell you the name of the person who will be selling them but he is known around this area.

This will be certainly the cheapest way of watching British TV in the PO but you have to take some thinking to make this work.

Have fun!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Rasberry PI

Post by russell »

blackduff wrote: This will be certainly the cheapest way of watching British TV in the PO but you have to take some thinking to make this work.
I've been playing with one of those for a couple of months. Unlike Android boxes it doesn't have a Filmon App. The only way to watch TV seems to be using XBMC which I have found to be even more unreliable than the android version.

I tried installing Firefox to get iPlayer etc but found it to be far to slow, probably because the OS is on an SD card and there isn't much RAM.

Interesting device to play with though and quite a cheap toy but not a serious competitor for the Android IPTV boxes.

Russell
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Rasberry PI

Post by martyn94 »

russell wrote:
blackduff wrote: This will be certainly the cheapest way of watching British TV in the PO but you have to take some thinking to make this work.
[/quote

Interesting device to play with though and quite a cheap toy but not a serious competitor for the Android IPTV boxes.

Russell
Nor for an Apple TV if you already have the necessary other kit to make them work: currently €84 post-free, reconditioned, on the French apple store. Even cheaper in Australia, oddly, if you happen to pass through, especially if you reclaim the GST.