Broadband packages

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Broadband packages

Post by Geoman »

Views please on best broadband packages avaliable, one that can be turned off & on if possible, when we are not in France. Just been out for 9 days & very little tv worth watching.Dont know what speed we would get in Monferrer but should be enough for tv.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

The only broadband I know of which you can "turn off" is Orange Découverte. Your speed will depend on the characteristics of your phone line. You can research it on eg ariase.com.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Broadband packages

Post by tubs »

We've just taken out a contract with Orange for broadband and telephone. €33.90 a month........but it can't be suspended. As we are here a lot we decided to go for it (bearing in mind that we still have to pay Talk Talk in England when we are here!)
Decouvert is the only package I know that allows you to suspend.

I must say that Orange have been brilliant. All arranged with their English speaking office and Live box delivered on time, easy to set up with clear instructions. We can now watch UK TV, if needed, on the IPad via Filmon.
Am investigating the Apple TV box to be able to watch it on the TV.

BTW we've just downloaded the VPN Tunnel Bear for IPlayer etc. first impressions very good. Half a GB free per month but if you tweet their product they give you an extra one GB a month or for €1.99 you get unlimited data.
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Will look at Orange website we also need a line put in, do Orange arrange this or do you have to get your own installer?
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Geoman wrote:Will look at Orange website we also need a line put in, do Orange arrange this or do you have to get your own installer?
FT still do the lines but Orange will arrange it for you if you are "dégroupé".

Russell.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

broadband packages

Post by monsans »

I would suggest that SFR will also allow vacation stopages plus can cancel without notice.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

russell wrote:
Geoman wrote:Will look at Orange website we also need a line put in, do Orange arrange this or do you have to get your own installer?
FT still do the lines but Orange will arrange it for you if you are "dégroupé".

Russell.
FT is what Orange used to be called. But it's true that your exchange needs to be dégroupé if you want to avoid paying phone line rental as well as the adsl charges.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Being a woman I could be wrong but arent FT and Orange all one and the same now. We have an Orange package and there is no line rental.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I have been out allday, yhis thread has just reminded me of something my daughter mentioned this morning.
She listens to NRJ radio, she told me this morning there had been something on the programe about Orange and card payments being processes more times than necessary, since march/april and have just come to light,she is not here at the moment to tell me more.

Has anyone further info,(does not affect me)
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Orange has been hacked (again!!) They have had contact details of clients and potetiel future client taken. If you get an email from orange asking for your bank details or to confirm something then should ignore it. Was on the news tonight
Prosserp
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Prosserp »

we have just got sfr package phone, internet and french tv via internet for 19.99 a month for 12 mths , then goes upto 30 euro a month. we looked at the orange package where you can turn it off , but it worked out a lot more expensive
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: broadband packages

Post by martyn94 »

monsans wrote:I would suggest that SFR will also allow vacation stopages plus can cancel without notice.
Can you give a source for that? The last time I looked this was impossible, presumably because all the operators but Orange have to pay ongoing fees to use the line to your home. Orange are using their own lines, which is presumably why Orange Découverte is the exception.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

broadband - SFR

Post by monsans »

A SFR package with the above inclusives also can include all calls to landlines in Britain and other countries for a monthly of around 30.00
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

My son cancelled with sfr, gave 1 months notice and has just been charged 49.99 euros cancellation fee.