twin lnb wanted

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

twin lnb wanted

Post by geoff.smith »

looking for a twin (double ) lnb,,any knocking around cheap..G
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

If you require this for UK TV i would recommend an Opticum/Orton 2X LNB

eg.
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 1423.l2649
geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by geoff.smith »

montgolfiere wrote:If you require this for UK TV i would recommend an Opticum/Orton 2X LNB

eg.
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 1423.l2649
Hi err i live in France have done for 20years....its for my hotbird.astra dish G
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

the 2 x or 4x Opticum is a good choice if you want to receive the (now weak) UK Satellite TV Signals on a Dish up to 120cm. (the Single is not recommended).

If it is for TV from Astra 1 or Hotbird etc. any make of LNB will suffice.

BTW: a Twin LNB and a Double LNB are completely different items. A twin will feed two TV's from one Satellite and a Double will feed one TV from 2 Satellites!!!
geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by geoff.smith »

[quote="montgolfiere"]the 2 x or 4x Opticum is a good choice if you want to receive the (now weak) UK Satellite TV Signals on a Dish up to 120cm. (the Single is not recommended).

If it is for TV from Astra 1 or Hotbird etc. any make of LNB will suffice.

BTW: a Twin LNB and a Double LNB are completely different items. A twin will feed two TV's from one Satellite and a Double will feed one TV from 2 Satellites!hi

hi there i KNOW all that, all i want is a twin lnb..i just asked the question if anyone had one,HERE not in the UK.....please do not reply again to this post. !! ,,Geoff
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

?!?
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

What's all the fuss about? Showed this to my OH because I knew he bought a new one a couple of months back. Cost him about 20 Euros at Electrodepot. His reaction was "Why buy used at that price? They degrade with age anyway""

Mary
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Every time I see this title, the lisdexic part of my brain keeps thinking that Geoff is looking for a twin tub! So uncool these days. Wonder if they still exist.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Merisin wrote:What's all the fuss about? Showed this to my OH because I knew he bought a new one a couple of months back. Cost him about 20 Euros at Electrodepot. His reaction was "Why buy used at that price? They degrade with age anyway""

Mary
I've no idea!!!
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Kate wrote:Every time I see this title, the lisdexic part of my brain keeps thinking that Geoff is looking for a twin tub! So uncool these days. Wonder if they still exist.
I loved my Twintub, we bought it at an Auction, pushed it 2kms. from the Bottom of Nottingham's Lace Market over the Hill into Hyson Green. It sure was a better (cheaper) option than the Laundrette.!!!
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

Many years ago my father brought home a Hotpoint Twin Tub, we removed the packaging and inside there was a set of Sturmey Archer 3 speed bicycle gears, the levers & cable etc. What they were doing there we never knew
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Aw ...sturmey archer...part of my history :wink:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Ours came without the sturmey archer. But what a staggering difference they made even so, after all the palaver with coppers and mangles. Never say there is no such thing as progress: it makes the current agony over tv (not much use really, until the next Coronation) seem a bit trivial.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

sue and paul wrote:Aw ...sturmey archer...part of my history :wink:
The first time I took one apart it took me a week to put it back together. I am surprised to see the company is still manufacturing: http://www.sturmey-archer.com/

Russell
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I was brought up over my father's bicycle shop, and helped in the shop when I was old enough. There is a smell about a bike shop that lingers for me even today - rubber tyres, oil, grease, steel. And names to conjure with, like Sturmey Archer. As part of the business dad used to do repairs, and there were always bits of bike that found their way into our home - toggle chains and sprockets, cotter pins and clangers. Happy days!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

sue and paul wrote:I was brought up over my father's bicycle shop, and helped in the shop when I was old enough. There is a smell about a bike shop that lingers for me even today - rubber tyres, oil, grease, steel. And names to conjure with, like Sturmey Archer. As part of the business dad used to do repairs, and there were always bits of bike that found their way into our home - toggle chains and sprockets, cotter pins and clangers. Happy days!
Never mind happy days. I've got sprockets all to cock,and probably clangers too if I knew where they were. How much for a tune-up.? (Truth in posting: I am currently a long way away and will have to do it myself. Few things are better, for not much effort, than a newly-tuned bike).
geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by geoff.smith »

Oh Dear i only wanted a twin LNB not a dam twin tub,,to test my set up..I know all about the eBay ones new at around £12..i know all about cycling gear.55 years of competition, Olympic team member 1962, British champion track, plus 7 times Pyrenees Oriental master road race champion. 3 times Languedoc Roussillon road and Time trial champion, and still average between 350/400 kms per week with the Velo Club Alberes, plus Professional rider with Peugeot in the 1970's.......i digress. still looking for a twin LNB.....Geoff.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

:lol: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry. My fault for reading twin tub. :oops:
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

geoff.smith wrote:Oh Dear i only wanted a twin LNB not a dam twin tub,,to test my set up..I know all about the eBay ones new at around £12..i know all about cycling gear.55 years of competition, Olympic team member 1962, British champion track, plus 7 times Pyrenees Oriental master road race champion. 3 times Languedoc Roussillon road and Time trial champion, and still average between 350/400 kms per week with the Velo Club Alberes, plus Professional rider with Peugeot in the 1970's.......i digress. still looking for a twin LNB.....Geoff.
Ohhhh....THAT Geoff Smith. You should have said... :lol:
Satbloke66
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Satbloke66 »

geoff.smith wrote:Oh Dear i only wanted a twin LNB not a dam twin tub,,to test my set up..I know all about the eBay ones new at around £12..i know all about cycling gear.55 years of competition, Olympic team member 1962, British champion track, plus 7 times Pyrenees Oriental master road race champion. 3 times Languedoc Roussillon road and Time trial champion, and still average between 350/400 kms per week with the Velo Club Alberes, plus Professional rider with Peugeot in the 1970's.......i digress. still looking for a twin LNB.....Geoff.
So if you're so talented, how come you can't just go and buy a dual lnb?
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

Satbloke66 wrote:
So if you're so talented, how come you can't just go and buy a dual lnb?
Coz he has a puncture
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

It's a good job some people did respond to explain what a twin LNB was. I had no idea what the original post was about.

I have a satellite dish with a receiver. No idea whether its what you want. It looks to me like a single one. You can cycle over and collect it, once you calm down, if you like.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I suppose it is no help, but if you are after a twin, why not get a quad for not much more? Even if you do not use the extra channels now, you might find a use for the extra screens in future if - heaven forfend - you ever spend a bit less time on your bike (not that you probably spend much more time on your 350-400km than I do on my very-much-less). That is how it has gone for me, though in a part of France where the signal is still hot and strong.
geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by geoff.smith »

sorry martin but you have got it wrong..i want a twin lnb to pick up 2 satellites Astra and Hotbird..i do not want to connect up 4 TV.s..i am not angry i just get pissed off by know alls that know nothing,,trouble is people only read half what is written then bash away at the keyboard .i have enough money to buy any amount of twin lnb's. i just asked the question if there was one locally so i could test out my dish set up...it appears that this post has now exceeded all other posts with reply's that are not in any way connected with my request for a twin LNB.. with regard to my cycling experience, i am not ashamed but there again 17250 kms last year and so far this year 3750kms..so come on you piste cyclades people get your bike out and loose some weight and feel fit not bloated.ah ah ah Geoff..ps any one got a twin LNB..
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

How rude. You created the problem by using a term which is ambiguous. If you had explained more clearly what you wanted, you would have had a more pertinent answer. The people on here are not know alls but they are not mind readers either.

Pearson
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

geoff.smith wrote:sorry martin but you have got it wrong..i want a twin lnb to pick up 2 satellites Astra and Hotbird..i do not want to connect up 4 TV.s..i am not angry i just get pissed off by know alls that know nothing,,trouble is people only read half what is written then bash away at the keyboard .i have enough money to buy any amount of twin lnb's. i just asked the question if there was one locally so i could test out my dish set up...it appears that this post has now exceeded all other posts with reply's that are not in any way connected with my request for a twin ..
Sorry: even at this late date I misunderstood what you want. I have seen "monoblock" - in French, "double tête" or "bi-tête" - LNBs designed to capture both Astra 1 (at about 19 degrees) and Hotbird (at about 13 degrees). Those should be found anywhere that sells this stuff in France. I cannot recall any specifically for Astra 2 (at about 28 degrees) and Hotbird, if that is what you want: they are quite a lot further apart (15 degrees rather than 6 for Astra1/Hotbird) and it is not a natural combination for French consumers to want. You can get brackets which will set up a second single LNB at a variable offset fom a single LNB set up at the focus of your dish. Having tried it once (unsuccessfully) for the combination of Astra 1 and Astra 2 (about 9 degrees apart) I would not myself fancy setting it up without a professional meter (and preferably a professional installer to use it). And you will need a biggish dish to get a decent signal from the offset LNB - though if you are after UK tv you will need a big dish anyway. But, as I say, I am still guessing exactly which satellites you want to pull in.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

By way of afterthought, if you are feeling brave and want Astra 2 and Hotbird, you can find a suitable bracket eg here http://www.amazon.fr/Hd-line-Fixation-S ... upport+lnb

Plus, of course, 2 LNBs.
geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by geoff.smith »

martyn94 wrote:
geoff.smith wrote:sorry martin but you have got it wrong..i want a twin lnb to pick up 2 satellites Astra and Hotbird..i do not want to connect up 4 TV.s..i am not angry i just get pissed off by know alls that know nothing,,trouble is people only read half what is written then bash away at the keyboard .i have enough money to buy any amount of twin lnb's. i just asked the question if there was one locally so i could test out my dish set up...it appears that this post has now exceeded all other posts with reply's that are not in any way connected with my request for a twin ..
Sorry: even at this late date I misunderstood what you want. I have seen "monoblock" - in French, "double tête" or "bi-tête" - LNBs designed to capture both Astra 1 (at about 19 degrees) and Hotbird (at about 13 degrees). Those should be found anywhere that sells this stuff in France. I cannot recall any specifically for Astra 2 (at about 28 degrees) and Hotbird, if that is what you want: they are quite a lot further apart (15 degrees rather than 6 for Astra1/Hotbird) and it is not a natural combination for French consumers to want. You can get brackets which will set up a second single LNB at a variable offset fom a single LNB set up at the focus of your dish. Having tried it once (unsuccessfully) for the combination of Astra 1 and Astra 2 (about 9 degrees apart) I would not myself fancy setting it up without a professional meter (and preferably a professional installer to use it). And you will need a biggish dish to get a decent signal from the offset LNB - though if you are after UK tv you will need a big dish anyway. But, as I say, I am still guessing exactly which satellites you want to pull in.
Like i said above..why not read the posting first then jump into print."""".i want a twin lnb to pick up 2 satellites """" Astra and Hotbird.. NOT Astra 2..i know the astra and hotbird configs,,i would request you do not reply anymore its irritating see someone make a fool of themselves ah ah G
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Geoff
I was buying something else at Boulanger, behind Auchan and I did see some double lnb's above the equipment aisles. Not sure if they were for the Astra/Hotbird but I was thinking about getting one myself. I'm not currently using my Astra 28 anymore but I think that there's things still watching on the hotbird combination.

I know what the double lnb brackets, etc. but the French lnbs were moulded together. Not sure if this works for the Astra/Hotbird. I was buying a tablet so I didn't go further on the lnb.

Hope that this helps.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

geoff.smith wrote:i want a twin lnb to pick up 2 satellites """" Astra and Hotbird.. NOT Astra 2..i know the astra and hotbird configs,,i would request you do not reply anymore its irritating see someone make a fool of themselves ah ah G
Then why not just go and buy one, instead of throwing tantrums?