Now TV

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Now TV

Post by martyn94 »

I have been aware of this box for a while. I have not tried it, if only because I almost never go back to the UK to buy one. But it seems to offer a lot of what some of us might want (plus more if you want to pay R Murdoch for it). I guess it has the usual issues over disguising your non-UK address. But it is outstandingly cheap if it works. Any experience, or willing to try it?
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Now TV

Post by Allan »

martyn94 wrote:I have been aware of this box for a while. I have not tried it, if only because I almost never go back to the UK to buy one. But it seems to offer a lot of what some of us might want (plus more if you want to pay R Murdoch for it). I guess it has the usual issues over disguising your non-UK address. But it is outstandingly cheap if it works. Any experience, or willing to try it?
I bought one to play with last time I was in the Uk

the big limitations are that there is no ITV player and no option to watch live tv other than the paid for Sky channels and Sky News
BBC is only available as a catch up service and itv isn't available at all

It is a tightly controlled cut down Roku and there is no possibility of adding filmon or other services.

It works with Overplay SmartDNS but only for the catch up services, I haven't tried it with their paid services but I don't think they will work with a SmartDNS just a VPN.

Although widely advertised at £10, UK retailers all seem to sell it for higher amounts bundled with a voucher for one of their services. I think the £10 offer may only be mail order.
You can sideload I it with Plex media player but you still need a pc as a plex server.

My conclusion is that it is a cheap way of watching catch up tv but let down by the absence of ITV and live TV

If anyone has a specie service that they want to try then let me know.