Prepay Sim card in France

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Prepay Sim card in France

Post by redneckrover »

With all the discussion about losing radio and TV channels I've been advised of another method of picking up WiFi and International radio stations from 3g using my iPhone.
I would need to get a French Prepay Sim card with a data plan.
Can anybody advise which is the best/cheapest French network provider of this service. ?
I believe I could also use the I phones personal hotspot to provide WiFi for a laptop.
This would be perfect for short periods of time.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I would advise against using 3G for internet TV reception. The data rate for TV streaming is high and you will very quickly use up your data credit.

Russell.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

I use Orange , 10 euro for 500 meg over 2 weeks plenty for checking emails and other stuff.

it depends on reception for years i thought St Cyp had bad reception because my mobile on roaming chose SFR which has poor reception by chance i tried orange and get a full signal.
redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redneckrover »

Thanks for the responses, I wasn't really planning to watch TV from the 3g as I know that eats data , however listening to radio and surfing the net would be a cheap enough option for short periods eg a week or two at a time.