Choose Channels on Horizontal Frequencies where possible.

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

FilmOn now working perfectly for BBC 1. Sound and the free SD quality picture via the Apple TV box perfectly acceptable.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Update:
FilmOn buffering now with screen freezes. Yet SKY News app. on my iPad works perfectly as does other media streamed to the TV via the Apple TV box.
I'm perplexed. Do FimOn have a problem or is it my reception of their signal?
I cannot understand why I can watch SKY News or BBC Global iPlayer perfectly normally but FilmOn behaves as if I'm on an old fashioned "dial-up" connection.
It was fine at 7am CET this morning, but then again, who was using FilmOn at that time?
:cry:
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I have realised that the quality of EACH internet connections play a big part. it is not just a question of speed. I only have 2mb/s and Filmon works very well and reliably... i have a customer 11miles away with 4 +Mb and he has Buffering problems... it is a real headache as it could be problems with 'Peak Time local usag', the Router, internal wiring, external Phone line, the exchange etc etc etc...Trying to get the likes of Orange/SFR/Free to resolve these types of problem is quite difficult.

I have not personally seen any 'time of day' issues with Filmon here.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

FilmOn now working perfectly.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

watching the Rugby on Filmon with no problems....( as the Gilb125 is struggling in the stormy, rainy weather 'chez-Moi'.)
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

We never bothered with film on before, occassionaly used iPlayer on main PC but having lost BBC during the week on family tv decided to experiment today.
We have used a tablet, USB/HDMI cable to TV, loaded film on et voila. I don`t think I have ever had such a choice of channels, IAN thought bikini beach tv was very educational :lol:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thats what we are doing too Debs.
Dylan