Email readers on Windows

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Email readers on Windows

Post by Santiago »

I'm fed up with Windows Live Mail and wondered if anyone had had success with another free email reader on Windows. I need one which can connect to hotmail and also to POP3 servers simultaneously as I have several email accounts to manage.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Have a look at Thunderbird. I have used it for years as a better alternative to Microsoft offerings. I don't have experience of Hotmail though.

I've now changed and forward mail from all my accounts to Gmail and find it more convenient when on the move or using various computers, tablets, and phones.

Russell.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I'm looking at the new Hotmail online browser, confusingly called Outlook. It appears to allow me to integrate mail from my POP server so may be the simple solution. I like that its portable and not a PC download.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Been using Outlook online now for a few days and it seems pretty reliable. The only problem is that I can only see the INBOX of my hosted mailserver, not the send-items or other fiolders. Anyone got any tips on how to manage those from Outlook?
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

I too would recommend Mozilla's Thunderbird. It's a good e-mail client especially if you already have a web-based e-mail address.
Try Mozilla's Firefox browser as well.
I have a MacBook Pro and use Firefox as well as Apple's Safari and use Thunderbird for my GMail address.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I've found Outlook.com pretty useful but it seems that when I include an attachment and send the email via my POP server, the email gets returned undelivered. Does anyone know of a way to fix this (other than using another email application)?