uk tv online

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

dazzert66
Rank 0
Rank 0

uk tv online

Post by dazzert66 »

Found this site, shows all uk tv channels online and also mobile apps for i phone and android
www. Filmon.com
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I also use iportal.me for about 5 euros a month, which enables me to watch current UK TV plus catch up for the last year. I think you can watch it through your TV, if you can be bothered, but I am happy to watch on my laptop.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

carol sheridan wrote:I also use iportal.me for about 5 euros a month, which enables me to watch current UK TV plus catch up for the last year. I think you can watch it through your TV, if you can be bothered, but I am happy to watch on my laptop.
Carol, iPortal gives a discount to senior citizens, if you are paying €5 a month then you are paying too much
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Thanks, Allan, I will raise that with them!
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Currently playing with www.unotelly.com and it looks very promising.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

malcolmcooper wrote:Currently playing with www.unotelly.com and it looks very promising.
Pleased to see they support Linux. It's a pain having to run Windows just to be able to use Expatshield or iportal.

Russell.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

russell wrote:
malcolmcooper wrote:Currently playing with www.unotelly.com and it looks very promising.
Pleased to see they support Linux. It's a pain having to run Windows just to be able to use Expatshield or iportal.

Russell.
Surely Linux can support a VPN - you can directly configure iPortal rather than use their software
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Allan wrote:Surely Linux can support a VPN - you can directly configure iPortal rather than use their software
True, I'm using Expatshield at the moment for BBC iplayer (because it's free and I don't have to let the moths out of the wallet). For that I run Windows XP in a Virtualbox session on Linux.

Must get the wallet out and have a play with iportal.

Russell.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

russell wrote:
Allan wrote:Surely Linux can support a VPN - you can directly configure iPortal rather than use their software
True, I'm using Expatshield at the moment for BBC iplayer (because it's free and I don't have to let the moths out of the wallet). For that I run Windows XP in a Virtualbox session on Linux.

Must get the wallet out and have a play with iportal.

Russell.
Drop me a PM if you need to know the VPN settings for iPortal - they don't publish them very obviously
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Expatshield now dubbed Xpatshield!

Post by John & Elaine »

I downloaded this and it has taken me six hours of blood, sweat and tears to get my internet access back! I may have been unlucky...but think twice before messing with your IP address unless you know what you are doing!

John
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I for one am interested in if Malcolm had any success loading 'unotelly' onto his Router....
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Haven't attempted the router. Loaded onto a Windows laptop and an Android tablet with success. Experience so far is that it's faster than going through a VPN. There is no buffering watching BBC News 24 live.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

malcolmcooper wrote:Haven't attempted the router. Loaded onto a Windows laptop and an Android tablet with success. Experience so far is that it's faster than going through a VPN. There is no buffering watching BBC News 24 live.
I did some tests on this a couple of months ago.

It is easy enough to put it on a router but I found a few problems :-

Sky Anytime didn't work through it and a number of devices that look at specific sites to see where you are still thought they were in France.

The same devices all work happily through a VPN. Having said that, Unotelly's premium service does offer a VPN which I didn't try.

I guess it depends on what devices you have and what you want to watch.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Does anyone know which set of instructions to follow to set up unotelly on my router? It's a Neufbox NB4-SER-r2.
Malcolm Cooper

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

malcolmcooper wrote:Does anyone know which set of instructions to follow to set up unotelly on my router? It's a Neufbox NB4-SER-r2.
Just change the 2 DNS server addresses to the nearest UnoTelly ones

Take a note of the original ones so you can change them back if need be
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

I am just looking at Orange's internet package which includes TV channels. That includes BBC news doesn't it?
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Orange includes Sky News and BBC World News. The language of many of the programmes and films can be changed, if wanted, to English. Also for 4,90€ extra a month you can have the BBC Entertainment package.
Dylan
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Thank you Dylan for the info about channels
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I know many people have complained about Orange but once past the Port d'Espagne experience and the deactivating of the 2 sell/buy options we have found them fine and if your French is a little dodgy they have an English help line. We changed because we had an Orange livebox, FT landline and SFR mobile. All of which cost us an arm and a leg. We now have Orange livebox, landline (rental free) and calls to landlines in most countries free, tv and a mobile (LG Android) which cost 1€. Think the cost is around 52,90€ a month plus 4,90€ for BBC entertainment package. I push it up a little for the texts I send occasionally to UK but we are still around 20 - 40€ a month better off and have more!!
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Following on from the above I have a question. The orange wifi tv box is connected to the tv in the sitting room is it possible to use the same box on a 2nd tv in the bedroom and how would we manage it?
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

surely you could watch your lounge TV from your bedroom? :lol:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Ha ha
Dylan
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks Russell we did all that somewhile ago and the decoder is now working fine through the sitting room tv. I want to know if there is some way of incorporating a 2nd tv.
Dylan
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

If you're using SCART to connect to your main TV you might be able to use the HDMI output for your second TV, however the length of cable is somewhat limited. It's not clear from their published info but, if the box includes a RF modulator then the antenna output could be used.

Russell.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

There is a box available in Boulanger that promises HMDI connections over wifi. No idea how good it it.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks Russell and Santiago for your help.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Santiago wrote:There is a box available in Boulanger that promises HMDI connections over wifi. No idea how good it it.
I'm not sure if this is the Q-Wave box which supposes to give the same as the box you said. The Q-Wave only passed the signal ten feet and it will not pass through walls. In the UK it want's 135£. Wow, for something which doesn't much.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Sorry Blackduff it has to go more than 10ft and pass through walls.
Dylan
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

If you pay more, you can get another "décodeur TV": see eg here

http://www.ariase.com/fr/television/ora ... an-tv.html