Orange.fr

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Orange.fr

Post by Steve&Julie »

Hi.
Does anyone know if orange.fr allow port forwarding. Trying to set up an IP web cam using a Livebox 2.
Thanks
Steve
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Orange.fr

Post by Allan »

Steve&Julie wrote:Hi.
Does anyone know if orange.fr allow port forwarding. Trying to set up an IP web cam using a Livebox 2.
Thanks
Steve
I use webcams all the time with a Livebox 2. Are you having a problem?
Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Steve&Julie »

Hi
Yes. Have tried DMZ, dropping the firewall, everything really. I can ping the livebox from another PC off the local network, even with http port 80 open we cannot access the Livebox from the wan.
any help appreciated.
Cheers
Steve
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Steve&Julie wrote:Hi
Yes. Have tried DMZ, dropping the firewall, everything really. I can ping the livebox from another PC off the local network, even with http port 80 open we cannot access the Livebox from the wan.
any help appreciated.
Cheers
Steve
Sorry you need to be a bit more specific at what you are trying to do. Is the idea to set up a webcam and access it remotely or what?
Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Steve&Julie »

Thanks for your reply.
I am hoping to set up two IP wireless webcams for remote monitoring over the internet. I am using an Orange Livebox2. I have set up a camera on a local IP address and port. (192.168.1.11:1025) I have set up the livebox to open this port but this does not seem to be working. as I cannot access the port from the internet.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Steve&Julie wrote:Thanks for your reply.
I am hoping to set up two IP wireless webcams for remote monitoring over the internet. I am using an Orange Livebox2. I have set up a camera on a local IP address and port. (192.168.1.11:1025) I have set up the livebox to open this port but this does not seem to be working. as I cannot access the port from the internet.
Ok first of all you don't want to have a Dmz - that will attempt to forward all ports to the Dmz machine.

By default 192.168.1.11 is part of the dhcp range so unless you have changed the default then you could get an IP address conflict - set it to .51 or higher

Why port 1025? Most web cams use port 80 which make/model do you have?

How are you trying to access it externally have you set up a dynamic Dns?

Can you access the webcam on your local network ?
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

As Allan suggests, you will need to set up Dynamic DNS as Orange will keep changing your IP address. However, in the short term you should be able to access the webcam by checking your current IP address at www.whatismyip.com/ and adding :1025 on the end of the address.

That should work for a while. If so you can then set up a dynamic IP at www.dyndns.com

Russell.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

russell wrote:As Allan suggests, you will need to set up Dynamic DNS as Orange will keep changing your IP address. However, in the short term you should be able to access the webcam by checking your current IP address at www.whatismyip.com/ and adding :1025 on the end of the address.

That should work for a while. If so you can then set up a dynamic IP at www.dyndns.com

Russell.
I think dyndns no longer has a free service, at least I can't see it on their web site. No-ip.org seems to work quite well and is supported by the livebox
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Allan wrote: I think dyndns no longer has a free service, at least I can't see it on their web site. No-ip.org seems to work quite well and is supported by the livebox
That's right. I had a free account with DynDNS some time ago for remote access to a webcam but haven't used it for a while and it has now gone kaput. No-IP looks OK.

Russell