UK PC wanted

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Mrs H

UK PC wanted

Post by Mrs H »

Can anyone suggest the best place to buy a UK PC in France? Do Dell still offer european delivery as I can't find the option on their website any more?

Thanks in advance.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Le Bon Coin :lol:
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Mrs H

Post by Mrs H »

Santiago wrote:Le Bon Coin :lol:
I want a new, and quite high spec one so not an option unfortunately.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Amazon.co.uk ship to France - either complete PCs/laptops or just a UK keyboard
Debbie and Noel

Post by Debbie and Noel »

Amazon.co.uk ship to France - either complete PCs/laptops or just a UK keyboard.

Not always true in my experience. Depends who the vendor is. OK if it is Amazon themselves but a lot of the goods on offer are from third parties.

Noel
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

What about an Apple Mac, we brought our Mac over with us, just had a disc drive replaced in France, but hubby bought a Apple Ipad in France, and thats fine. Also if you buy an Apple, any problems and Apple deal with it worldwide.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

The only physical differences between a UK and a French PC are the mains lead and the keyboard. You will need the French mains lead and you can buy an English keyboard easily from the UK.

If you are buying a computer with Windows 7 it will probably come with the "Home Edition" which doesn't have multiple language support. You can do a free upgrade to "Ultimate" version and will then be able to change to English. Seehttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... c61483e7b9

If you are feeling adventurous you could install Linux and you will get every language from Afar to Zulu!

Russell.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Dell still allows a person to order the type of computer you wish.

Buy a "X" version of the model of Dell and then request that you have (1) QWERTY keyboard; (2) request that the software is in English; (3) cables for French system; (4) request your Windows in English CD provided too.

You don't find this information on the brochures or on the web sites but if you call them, they will give you computer you wish. The servicing and guarantee will be handled from Dell in France and their SAV is very good.

The special price for giving these "Extra" changes, costs ZERO.

Just give them a phonecall and ask them. My last three new computers were Dell with the configuration I mentioned. I am also a very happy customer.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Dell computers are O.K. However watch their guarantee conditions. I had one of their laptops develop a mainboard problem 11 months after purchase only to discover that the guarantee was only 6 months not 12.

I did, however manage to fix it myself and it's still going three years later.

Russell.