Internet speed-Arles sur Tech

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Internet speed-Arles sur Tech

Post by mrob343 »

Hi,
We'll be moving back down to Arles sur tech from July! :D :D :D
Just been in touch with Orange (our present ISP) they inform me that i'll be getting around 2.00 Mbps, which is'nt very good at all ! :(
Spoke with some friends in Montbolo further up the valley and they claim to be getting around 10.00 Mbps...?
Anyone any further info regarding ADSL speeds in that area please? :wink:
Cheers
chris@conflent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chris@conflent »

I am in the next valley and get between 6-8 Mbps download speed with reliable service from my NEUFBOX via FT.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Internet speed-Arles sur Tech

Post by Allan »

mrob343 wrote:Hi,
We'll be moving back down to Arles sur tech from July! :D :D :D
Just been in touch with Orange (our present ISP) they inform me that i'll be getting around 2.00 Mbps, which is'nt very good at all ! :(
Spoke with some friends in Montbolo further up the valley and they claim to be getting around 10.00 Mbps...?
Anyone any further info regarding ADSL speeds in that area please? :wink:
Cheers
The speed you will get may well be dependant on your distance from the exchange so what somebody else gets is not really all that relevant.

If you can't get more than 2mb then consider the orange service Découverte which is restricted to 8mb and is a lot cheaper. There is no point in paying for bandwidth that isn't available to you.
Peter Mills
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Peter Mills »

We live just outside Arles and have great speed. V fast with a Livebox from Orange. The deal is unlimited broadband and free phone (landline) to anywhere in the world for 32 euros a month.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

If you have a fixed telephone line there or the number for a near neighbour you can test the line here: http://adsl.sfr.fr/

Russell.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Peter Mills I have sent you a PM.
Dylan
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

Thanks for the help and advice,much appriciated :)
Turns out that orange got their stats wrong.. :? :roll: I should recieve up to 20 meg afterall! :D
Cheers