wireless router

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Premium
Rank 0
Rank 0

wireless router

Post by Premium »

Iam looking to buy a wireless router. Which one do you recommend and where to buy it >
I am based near Perpignan.
Les Maisons de LaPrimavera: Property Management Pyrénées-Orientales
pfrancis
Rank 1
Rank 1

wireless router

Post by pfrancis »

Linksys/Cisco, Linksys are part of Cisco.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

We bought ours in Darty.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Check with D&B Media in Mas Guerido. They're knowledgeable and their prices are fairly low.

blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: wireless router

Post by Webdoc »

Premium wrote:Iam looking to buy a wireless router. Which one do you recommend and where to buy it
Take care - you might buy quite the wrong thing which doesn't work.

As far as I understand it (and I might be wrong) there are basically 3 types - a plain wireless router, one that's designed to work with ADSL, and one that works with Cable. It all depends what you plan to plug it into. Then there's the basic 802.11g/n ones that work fine in most situations, or something called Mimo which has 2 aerials instead of the usual 1 which has greater power for longer distances or thicker walls.

I've always used Netgear routers and have found them reliable and pretty easy to set up.