Internet Explorer 9

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Internet Explorer 9

Post by Santiago »

Had anyone encountered severe problems with IE9?

I'm having issues typing into fields. This forum seems OK but others are really slow and seem to be "one click behind" so editing is really irritating.

Also it seems slow and doesn;t always respond to buitton presses.

Anyone got any fixes - and please don't suggest using Firefox or some other browser. I was happy with IE8 and don't want to install an alternative browser.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jon
I gave up and continued with IE 8 but here's a little info about the IE9 questions about fixing this browser. I'll scan and send this to you. I hope you get something helpful and let me know if you do get some way of making IE9 run better.

Cheers Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Internet Explorer 9

Post by mrob343 »

Santiago wrote:Had anyone encountered severe problems with IE9?

I'm having issues typing into fields. This forum seems OK but others are really slow and seem to be "one click behind" so editing is really irritating.

Also it seems slow and doesn;t always respond to buitton presses.

Anyone got any fixes - and please don't suggest using Firefox or some other browser. I was happy with IE8 and don't want to install an alternative browser.
Funny you should say that Jon.I've had problems with it too, it seems so unresponsive and "bitty"
As Sav mentioned above,I just uninstalled the update and went back to IE 8 and all is fine.
Better to leave it till microsoft iron out the glitches... :wink:
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

Or switch to a better browser, such as Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome.

All the best,

Jethro
an' the wun' cried Mary.
Debbie and Noel

Post by Debbie and Noel »

jethro wrote:Or switch to a better browser, such as Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome.

All the best,

Jethro
I agree 100%. My personal preference is Firefox. By using any browser other than IE you immediately improve your computer security.

Noel
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

Debbie and Noel wrote:
jethro wrote:Or switch to a better browser, such as Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome.

All the best,

Jethro
I agree 100%. My personal preference is Firefox. By using any browser other than IE you immediately improve your computer security.

Noel
100% Agreed ! Firefox is great on a PC or Mac !
Just taking Chrome out for spin,Jethro..Nice browser, quick too ! :wink:
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

it is a shame that Firefox keeps crashing though!!!
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Santiago wrote:- and please don't suggest using Firefox or some other browser. I was happy with IE8 and don't want to install an alternative browser.
I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourselves :lol:
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Santiago wrote: I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourselves
I didn't go there :roll:

Cheers Sav :)

PS: I prefer Chrome & Firefox ;)
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

Santiago wrote:
Santiago wrote:- and please don't suggest using Firefox or some other browser. I was happy with IE8 and don't want to install an alternative browser.
I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourselves :lol:
:P :lol: :lol:
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Try having a look here:-
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2398082

I'm using pretty up to date hardware and I love IE9, for me it is much quicker than IE8
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

In the end I gave up and did a sytme restore. When I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time I shall test and fix Microsoft's software for them, though I would hope that they would get around to doing that themselves, given that it's their core business.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

As an aside, can you imagine doing that with wine. Sell it to people all faulty and then expect them to add some sugar or filter it themselves :lol:
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Santiago wrote:As an aside, can you imagine doing that with wine. Sell it to people all faulty and then expect them to add some sugar or filter it themselves :lol:
OK I have a vested interest as Microsoft is my largest business partner but using your analogy, do you take responsibility for the glasses, storage, food and wine accord of your customers, of course not. Do you also give them a free upgrade to the latest vintage.

You installed IE9 on YOUR computer with YOUR graphics card with YOUR non-Microsoft software and probably YOUR third party add-ons for IE.

I have more than 10,000 users of IE9 and I can assure you that the overwhelming perception among them is that it is faster and better than any previous version.

People are always too keen to criticise software vendors but never accept that the particular combination of equipment/software that they are running may have something to do with it.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Allan
As similar to Jon, I have the computer which doesn't work with IE 9. It keeps trying to install this onto my computer and each time I give it a try, it blocks the program. So, I returned my programs back to the IE 8. I have two computers with Win 7 and one running Vista and all cannot indigest the IE 9.

I'm not interested in the other browsers for various reasons but I'll wait until Microsoft gets another browser which isn't "faulted".

And, it seems that I'm not one of your users, since I do not think that the IE 9 is faster than the IE 8. Any program which blocks and stops does not make my computer faster.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I'm in total accordance with Blackduff. I posted the same question on various forums and it appears that lots of people have similar problems.

Back to the wine analogy, it would be like me making a wine that only certain people could drink, the rest of them getting odd twitches, stumbling around in a daze, crashing into things and falling asleep. :lol:

I'm an ex software engineer and I know the names my clients would be calling me if I'd released something like IE9 with the claims it makes for itself.

I'm annoyed with myself to a certain extent because I only installed it to humour some stagiaire at the Chambre d'Agriculture who insisted that the reason I couldn't log in to her new application was because I was using IE8 - the idiot.