K7...Cassettes

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

K7...Cassettes

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Does anybody know of a device whereby you can transfer cassettes on to DVD? We have quite a few cassettes which can no longer be watched because the cassette player has conked out, and it's impossible to find one of these antiquities nowadays, even in the second-hand shops. Any advice most welcome. Thanks.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

There's a store nearby the Dame de France and it's not FNAC that I'm saying. There are two of them nearby and they will change your K7 to CDs. That's the good news. The bad news is that I fogot the name of the store.

I did mention previously on this forum but this was a year or so back. The name is something like Eco. I'll have a look at my paperwork but I'm certain that this is the place you need.

Both of these stores are within walking distance from the Dame de France.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Quite a few S/H VCRs here: http://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/offre ... th=1&q=vhs

Russell.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

The store which will change your K7 to Cd should be Créapolis. Here's the full address:
Créapolis
37 quai Vauban
Passage Robert Doisneau
66000 Perpignan
04 68 34 28 08

There's another store nearer to the FNAC. Give this first one a call and ask which store can handle you needs.

I have never used them but I've seen others which said they are good. If you try them, post back for the rest of us and see if they are okay. I want to copy a few tapes from an American camescope (NTSC) to a CD. Some day I'll get all of the down to Perpignan and get the job handled.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

K7 - cassettes

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Thank you very, very much Blackduff and Russell. It's most kind of you to bother to find this info. I'll pop down to Créapolis in Perpignan and let everyone know if I get any joy. I thought there must be such a service somewhere, or that somewhere there must be a wind-up K7 player for sale!
So again...very many thanks.

Helen
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: K7 - cassettes

Post by Allan »

Robert Ferrieux wrote:Thank you very, very much Blackduff and Russell. It's most kind of you to bother to find this info. I'll pop down to Créapolis in Perpignan and let everyone know if I get any joy. I thought there must be such a service somewhere, or that somewhere there must be a wind-up K7 player for sale!
So again...very many thanks.

Helen
Surely all you need to do is buy a cassette player (£25 from Amazon) and then plug it into a laptop to convert to MP3 format.

Creapolis is a really good shop but conversion is time consuming so I can't see how a service could be cost effective
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Allan wrote:Surely all you need to do is buy a cassette player (£25 from Amazon) and then plug it into a laptop to convert to MP3 format.
You will also need a video capture card or a "dongle" like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Video-Capture ... 43a4222e43

Russell.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

russell wrote:
Allan wrote:Surely all you need to do is buy a cassette player (£25 from Amazon) and then plug it into a laptop to convert to MP3 format.
You will also need a video capture card or a "dongle" like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Video-Capture ... 43a4222e43

Russell.
Isn't a K7 just an audio cassette as is Kah-Sept?
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Allan wrote: Isn't a K7 just an audio cassette as is Kah-Sept?
Yes, of course. Robert confused me by talking about transfering to DVD in his original post :oops:

Russell.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

russell wrote:
Allan wrote: Isn't a K7 just an audio cassette as is Kah-Sept?
Yes, of course. Robert confused me by talking about transfering to DVD in his original post :oops:

Russell.
That's OK, he confused me by saying they could no longer be 'watched'