online british tv

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Nigel wrote:Is there an easy answer to this...

I have a Humax box which will now allow you to receive iplayer etc on your TV via an ethernet connection to your broadband router....freebox in my case...whilst iplayer seems to load it does not let the programs to play on the TV....says there is a problem as I assume that iplayer can see an ISP out of UK....clearly the broadband needs to arrive at the TV via a UK proxy....eg iportal.....can the Humax box bet setup in this way...or indeed any other advise on the topic
You are correct, you need a VPN on your PC, such as i-Portal and then route your Humax through the PC. The mechanism will depend on your system but look up Internet connection sharing - and you should find what you need.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I am a technophobe but I find it easy to get all UK TV and radio programmes on my Humax Freesat box with iPortal. I found Expat Shield quite confusing.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Carol...please let me know how you have connected you Humax box to the net...thanks
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

I am watching www.tvcatchup.com on my Mac while my dish is disconnected due to workmen working, don't ask me how it works, hubby set it up.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

You must have got a UK ISP address because I cant use it "I am not in UK".
Dylan
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Sue wrote:You must have got a UK ISP address because I cant use it "I am not in UK".
Just asked hubby, yes got UK ISP address through, http://www.my-expat-network.co.uk
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.