Which WiFi Provider is best in Amelie-les-Bains?

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

bernardh198
Rank 1
Rank 1

Which WiFi Provider is best in Amelie-les-Bains?

Post by bernardh198 »

I will be staying in Amelie-les-Bains for 6 weeks from mid-July.

My laptop has WiFi capability which I would like to use in my apartment [in Centre Ville] using a dongle from one of the big Internet providers using a Pay-As-You-Go plan. I come from Australia so I will only need the connection for the 6 weeks in Amelie.

Which of the 3 big providers has the best coverage in this area - or how do I find out? Any advice on which plan would suit my needs best would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bernard
Ian
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ian »

Bernard,

My efforts to get mobile broadband in Amelie won’t be much help to you since you are hunting for a pay as you go system, and I haven’t tested signal strength in your part of town

Some observations though.
1) Go to Quai Sebastien Vauban in Perpignan, (opposite the Place Arago) All three operaters , SFR, Orange and Bouygues have shops virtually next door to each other in that street. So you can grill them all for info.
2) SFR were the most helpful and also have some english speaking staff if that is important for you. Bouygues were honest and said they didn’t think they would have a signal in Amelie. Orange were not helpful to us.
3) I was told not to expect a good 3G signal in the area but in our flat in Palalda There is a full strength 3G signal so there must be some good infrastructure somewhere in the town. I don’t know how you go about finding 3G signal strength in your part of Amelie. Perhaps that electrical shop near the corner of Avenue du Vallespir and Rue des Thermes would help since they are agents for mobile phone companies?

Good luck with your quest.
Ian