Bacteria alert

Recommendations, comments or questions about wine matters

Moderator: Moderators

thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bacteria alert

Post by thumbelina » Mon 27 Jul 2009 23:33

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... And those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom,
In beer there is freedom,
In water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated
That if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. Coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.
Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.
Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid,
Than to drink water and be full of shit.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service

polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy » Mon 27 Jul 2009 23:44

I don't need an excuse, Thumbers.
But thanks anyway.

mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Bacteria alert

Post by mrob343 » Mon 27 Jul 2009 23:45

thumbelina wrote:To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... And those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom,
In beer there is freedom,
In water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated
That if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. Coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.
Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.
Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid,
Than to drink water and be full of shit.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service
Nice one Thumb's ! :)
Could'nt agree more ! :lol:
One prob,? i drink gallons of water the morning after !!! :? :? :? :lol:
Wine and beer dry you out ! :wink:

Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O » Tue 28 Jul 2009 00:23

I drink a lot of tap water and fruit juices but very little alcohol - I have a fantastic immune system - people are always telling me I look 10 years younger than I am. Conclusions?
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.

mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 » Tue 28 Jul 2009 00:35

Roger O wrote:I drink a lot of tap water and fruit juices but very little alcohol - I have a fantastic immune system - people are always telling me I look 10 years younger than I am. Conclusions?
20 and not a year younger going on your photo...Rog's, i've got the grey hair too :lol:

thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina » Tue 28 Jul 2009 07:16

Roger O wrote:I drink a lot of tap water and fruit juices but very little alcohol - I have a fantastic immune system - people are always telling me I look 10 years younger than I am. Conclusions?
You're well fertilised??????? :D :D :D :wink:

Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve » Tue 28 Jul 2009 08:37

.......they have had too much wine... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john » Tue 28 Jul 2009 08:49

You really must remember to stop getting your water out of the toilet pan and start sourcing it from the tap ,like everyone else,Thumbers.........

Chantal
Rank 2
Rank 2

bacteria alert

Post by Chantal » Thu 30 Jul 2009 13:11

Hi 'Thumbs'

and where did you get this gem from? Catalunya lands?! :wink: :lol: In any case, I love the smiles it brought to my face - so thank you!

when I drank teas and water, people thought I looked 15 years younger than my age; now that I drink teas, water AND wine, my scales tell me I am 15 years younger than I am. conclusions? :wink: :lol:

chantal :)
A fresh outlook on life! Une nouvelle vision de la vie! - www.ShantalOneSupport.com - +44 7909 330446

polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy » Thu 30 Jul 2009 13:19

your scales??

do you drink like a fish?

Chantal
Rank 2
Rank 2

bacteria alert

Post by Chantal » Thu 30 Jul 2009 13:23

polremy wrote:your scales??

do you drink like a fish?
oh... I love it!!! :lol: :lol:

must have been 'sleeping it off' :wink::wink: not to have thought of that one, :lol: :lol:

chantal :)
A fresh outlook on life! Une nouvelle vision de la vie! - www.ShantalOneSupport.com - +44 7909 330446