tasting Languedoc wines

Recommendations, comments or questions about wine matters

Moderator: Moderators

henri
Rank 0
Rank 0

tasting Languedoc wines

Post by henri » Thu 17 Apr 2008 10:19

Languedoc wine tasting on Saturday 19th April at Cellier des Arcades, 3 rue Danton Céret. We will taste Domaine de la Garance with the producer Pierre Quinonero from Pézenas. On a particular soil (granit) he produces delicats whites and reds wines with a lot of freshness, without chemicals products. Discover a real producer from Languedoc not like wines that you can find in supermarkets.

vieux hibou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by vieux hibou » Sat 16 Aug 2008 17:59

I've taken out another ad by roost .... and the comments!
Forum Moderator

polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

wine

Post by polremy » Sat 16 Aug 2008 18:25

ah.
that's a shame.

Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O » Sun 17 Aug 2008 01:20

Yeah, he's been roosted out!

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul » Sun 17 Aug 2008 09:21

Was hoping that the strangely-worded statements might soon appear as 'unjumble the sentence' exercise in PO 'Improve your English' :lol:

PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog » Sun 17 Aug 2008 13:55

Lucky he wasn't advertising Restaurant meals!!
Roosted ones.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Michael

Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O » Sun 17 Aug 2008 20:16

Michael, you can really find anything on the net these days!!!
Buster's Drunk Chicken Roost
http://www.drunkchicken.com/index.shtml

polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Tasting ~Languedoc wines

Post by polremy » Sun 17 Aug 2008 20:20

Just as a matter of interest, Roger, how did you get that last one?
Did you google Chicken Roost or wot?

Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O » Sun 17 Aug 2008 23:30

One of my career specialities was "intelligent system" search (argument) processing for the travel industry and constructing information databases of various kinds using multiple structured data "keyword" access with "spell comparison" features.

Thus, I love "messing about" with Google and have followed its evolution over the last several years with interest. Once the built-in keyword logic pattern ("philosophy") is known, one can find almost anything very fast, as long as there is appropriate targetable data, of course..

I still find this is rather a simplistic approach, though and hardly ever use it, especially if a search argument is necessarily ambiguous:
The "I'm Feeling LuckyTM" button automatically takes you to the first web page returned for your query.
An "I'm Feeling Lucky" search means less time searching for web pages and more time looking at them.
I've found several holes in that philosophy which result in much more time being spent to reach your true target!

Course, instead of the above link, which I liked very much! I could have put this one up from Forbes which may be of interest to Jon?
http://www.forbes.com/business/global/2 ... 0/003.html
Amid the scary tableau, one positive tick comes from Hong Kong: The executive order this winter removing a 40% duty on wine has been formalized by the legislature there, along with a freeing up of the trafficking of same. Results to date: a jump in the territory’s auction business and better wine imports (Crown Wine Cellars, whose “cave” we profiled two years ago, will soon have tripled its storage sites). Although juicing the retail market was not the aim of the tax relief, restaurant and bar receipts in Hong Kong showed double-digit real increases in the first quarter. For the uninitiated, this is called supply-side economics.