Term Report

Recommendations, comments or questions about wine matters

Moderator: Moderators

TonyGoodman
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TonyGoodman » Wed 07 Mar 2018 08:37

Anthea & Tim wrote:In response to Jethro.

The Mas Cristine vineyards are at Collioure but their winery (for the last 3-4 years) is in the new building at Traverse de St. André.

Mas Cristine is part of Tramontane Wines www.tramontanewines.com

The only mention of Mas Christine wine I could find was: either sold by Surrey Wine Cellar and the "h" appears to be a typo as the picture shows a Mas Cristine bottle or in some old guides/blogs; perhaps it used to have a "h" or the typo was perpetuated.

To confirm Mas Christine is indeed part of Tramontane wines. Andy Cook is the man at the helm. He produces a broad range of wines, something for every occasion including some world beating reds. Well worth a visit.

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 » Thu 08 Mar 2018 15:08

Santiago wrote:
martyn94 wrote:
TonyGoodman wrote: spicy latin lasses
I like manzanilla: the label on “La Gitanaâ€￾ has a spicy Andalusian lass on it, but it is still decent wine, and staggering value, though I think I prefer La Guita. But surprisingly hard to find even in (our part of) Spain. Does anyone know of an outlet in La Jonquera or points south?
I've bought it from Wine Palace and from Escudero I think. I agree, one of the wine world's bargains, if you like salty fino sherry.
Thanks for this. I fell out of love with Wine Palace a couple of years ago when they sold us an incredibly stale bottle of Noilly Prat.

I’ve been trying to find the courage, for years now, to go into the giant Escudero barn at the end of the strip in La Jonquera: I guess the time has come.

Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc » Thu 08 Mar 2018 15:21

martyn94 wrote:I’ve been trying to find the courage, for years now, to go into the giant Escudero barn at the end of the strip in La Jonquera: I guess the time has come.
It's easy to find. You go straight past the blonde, turn left at the brunette, then right by the twins.

Take a freezer bag because the meat section is excellent value.